As required by Article 6 of the U.S. Constitution, Members of Congress shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support the Constitution. Representatives, delegates, and the resident commissioner all take the oath of office on the first day of the new Congress, immediately after the House has elected its Speaker. The Speaker of the House administers the oath of office as follows:
“I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
THIS IS LOBBYIST, GROVER NORQUIST, THE HEAD OF “AMERICANS FOR TAX REFORM.” HE GETS THE REPUBLICANS YOU ELECT TO SIGN THIS PLEDGE WHICH HE HOLDS OVER THEIR HEADS THREATENING TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THEM IF THEY STRAY FROM THE PLEDGE. HERE IS THE INFAMOUS PLEDGE:
THIS SEEMINGLY INNOCUOUS PIECE OF PAPER
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
AND THE PROPER EXECUTION
91% OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE FED UP!
- Grover Norquist’s hold on the GOP (cbsnews.com)
- Doug Kendall: For Super-Committee, It’s “Gridlock Grover” Norquist or the Constitution (huffingtonpost.com)
- I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO…Grover Norquist??? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- He and Bachmann could be BFFs! (freethoughtblogs.com)
Daily Cartoon from CartoonStock.com
� original artist c/o CartoonStock.com – unauthorised reproduction is illegal
Like this cartoon ?
License this cartoon for
print use, web or presentation use.
Buy this cartoon on a mug, mousemat or t-shirt.
Buy this cartoon as a print or original artwork.
91% OF AMERICANS
CONGRESS FAILS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE…AGAIN!
GOP MADE SUPER COMMITTEE A FARCE!
Next up: `Occupy Congress’
One of the enduring questions about Occupy Wall Street has been this: Can the energy unleashed by the movement be leveraged behind a concrete political agenda and push for change that will constitute a meaningful challenge to the inequality and excessive Wall Street influence highlighted by the protests?
A coalition of labor and progressive groups is about to unveil its answer to that question. Get ready for “Occupy Congress.”
The coalition — which includes unions like SEIU and CWA and groups like the Center for Community Change — is currently working on a plan to bus thousands of protesters from across the country to Washington, where they will congregate around the Capitol from December 5-9, SEIU president Mary Kay Henry tells me in an interview. [QUOTE: Washington Post] Continued.
- Unions and progressive groups launching ‘Occupy Congress’ (dailykos.com)
- “Occupy Congress?” Now You’re Talking! (skydancingblog.com)
- Coming next month: “Occupy Congress” to shill for Obama’s jobs bill (hotair.com)
- Mark Twain famously wrote, “There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.” ~ Sarah Palin: How Congress Occupied Wall Street – WSJ.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How Congress Occupied Wall Street (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)