PLEASE FORWARD THIS POST TO ANY “DOUBTING THOMAS” YOU KNOW
You’re probably familiar with one of the GOP‘s favorite go-to lies: bashing the President’s jobs record.
Mitt Romney‘s called him a job destroyer, claiming that the President “has not created any new jobs.” Newt Gingrich‘s taken it a step further, saying, “the President has now spent three years proving that he kills jobs in energy, he kills jobs in manufacturing, he kills jobs in virtually every part of American life.”
We’ve had about enough of that. And we’re pushing back!
Red = Bush Blue = Obama
- Analysis: When is getting better good enough? (sfgate.com)
- Cool Chart Thing: Here, a Guide to the Presidential Candidates’ Housing Plans (curbed.com)
- Jobs report a potential turning point for Obama (goerie.com)
- Tim Rutherford: Republicans know Romney is their only real hope (independent.co.uk)
- Romney: A Skeptic, Not a Liar (thedailybeast.com)
I wonder if today’s black youth in the South know the racial stress their parents and grandparents endured. They know about “colored” drinking fountains, probably, but, do they know that when it comes to health care, do they know that in the part of our history in this post, even doctors and hospitals had “colored” entrances. And, for black people, they had to wait, and wait and wait!—GoodOleWoody
AMERICA | BUSINESS AND TRAVELING
By ePal editor
CLICK LINK BELOW:
- Michelle Alexander’s “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness” is reissued in paperback! (suppleradio.wordpress.com)
- Camilla Williams, Opera Singer, Dies at 92 (nytimes.com)
- Martin Luther King Day: 25 people who paved the way for MLK (thegrio.com)
- From Jim Crow South to Occupied Palestine, the Freedom Ride continues (palestiniandreamer.wordpress.com)
- Wiley, USC have rematch of memorable 1935 debate (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA
PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW:
- OBAMA TO CONGRESS: Don’t Muck It Up!’ (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Obama pressures Congress on housing (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Obama urges passage of US mortgage relief (alternet.org)
- Obama Pressures Congress On Housing Assistancce From The Government (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Obama urges passage of US mortgage relief (nation.com.pk)
- Obama: Push for mortgage reform (politico.com)
- Obama Says, “We Can’t Wait!” Will Take Executive Action W/o Gop (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
I Am Tasha’s Uterus
Look at me. I am the powerful and holy birthplace of the human race. Your children come from me. All of them, whether they become clerks or garbage men in the lower and middle classes, or wheelers and dealers on Wall Street. The powerful leaders of our nation begin in me. More than anything, republicans want to control me which is tantamount to controlling women. White men in The Congress of both houses are a majority that wants to legislate and regulate the sexual and reproductive health of women’s bodies.
Currently, republicans want to end federal funding for Planned Parenthood even though the Hyde Amendment prevents any federal funds from being used for abortions. Planned Parenthood has cleaved itself into two organizations to satisfy The Congress. One organization does health services like cervical screenings and the other abortions. There is no co-mingling of their monies. Yet, Congress has it in their collective crop to destroy Planned Parenthood!
Providing Trusted Community Health Care
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care. Our skilled health care professionals are dedicated to offering men, women, and teens high-quality, affordable medical care. One in five American women has chosen Planned Parenthood for health care at least once in her life. [Planned Parenthood]
Who receives services from Planned Parenthood? In large part, minority women! They are women who have had at least one child and make the decision that the family economy will not permit another child, another mouth to feed. At Planned Parenthood men and women can select from a comprehensive program of services. Are the men in Congress afraid of the uterus? Sex? Which of the following services threatens them the most?
* Birth Control
* Body Image
* Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
* General Health Care
* Men’s Sexual Health
* Sex & Sexuality
* Sexual Orientation & Gender
* Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
* Women’s Health
Yes, the list of services IS comprehensive. Except for abortion, the men of The Congress should surely have no problem with Planned Parenthood. Tasha’s Uterus is being attacked for false reasons. Women’s bodies are not the province of men in The Congress. Men, you have exercised your power of the purse when it comes to abortion. That is settled law, I believe. Don’t deny economically challenged women the services of Planned Parenthood (outside of abortion). These minority women are your constituents and pose no threat to you. Planned Parenthood even has services for those who have a penis.
‘All of Us See Through the Glass Darkly’
Bill Clinton explores politics & religious values in a sermon at Riverside Church before the start of the Republican convention
BY: Bill Clinton
Religious values can include commitment to the common good, concern for the poor and vulnerable, the middle class families, the preservation of our God-given environment, unity over division, and for truth in campaign advertising.
We have a curious situation in American where the religious right has tried to turn all who disagree with them into two-dimensional cartoons. I read a very moving article in one of our newspapers a few days ago in which someone in the president’s hometown said all the Democrats cared about was abortion, gay marriage, and being weak on defense.
I have never met anybody that was pro abortion. That is not what pro-choice means. It just means we don’t want to criminalize the choice. I’m not ashamed to believe that gay people shouldn’t be discriminated against and I don’t believe Jesus ever had much to say about that. When Charlie Rangel fought in Korea and John Kerry fought in Vietnam they did not ask what their political party was before they let them put a uniform on.
I was raised a Southern Baptist. I used to wonder why the Republicans hated me so much. I’m kind of nice and accommodating. I even go duck hunting once a year. I think it’s because I’m supposed to be some sort of apostate – a white, southern, protestant. Why am I not a Republican, especially now that they’ve given me all those tax cuts?
The other party’s about to convene here, putting on its once-every-four-years compassionate face. They have claimed the exclusive allegiance of America’s “real Christians.”
- An Election That Actually Could Be Historic: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- The George W. Bush presidency, through a glass darkly (thehill.com)
- Bill Clinton interviewed (kottke.org)
- Newt Gingrich: I’m Not Like Bill Clinton (lesliebrodie.wordpress.com)
- Quote for the Day: President Bill Clinton (Being Judgemental) (konkerer.com)
- Think GOP Infighting Is Ugly? Check Out The Democrats…Of 2008 (mediaite.com)
- Newt Gingrich Loses in Florida! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- SNL Gives Us A Peek At Newt Gingrich’s Moon Colony: ‘May Divorce Be With You’ (mediaite.com)
- Hmmm. Does Newt Gingrich Have a “Man Crush?” + Mitt Romney’s Disdain for the “Very Poor” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Newt Gingrich and the Moon Colony (globalneighbourhoods.net)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Channing Tatum show starts with Newt Gingrich moon colony (examiner.com)
- Moon Colony: Is Newt Gingrich’s Promise Feasible? (inquisitr.com)
- Newt Gingrich: I’ll build Moon base as US president (thesun.co.uk)
- Santo: Newt Is Over the Moon (thepage.time.com)