President Obama urges Congress to extend the payroll tax cut to prevent a tax hike on 160 million hardworking Americans. Back in December, Congress faced this exact same predicament. People all over the country tweeted, emailed and wrote to explain how losing $40 each check would affect them. Ultimately, thanks to your stories, Congress did the right thing and passed a two-month tax cut extension. It’s more important than ever that you make sure your story is part of the debate here in Washington.
- Obama, GOP spar over economy in weekly addresses (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Whitehouse Snapshot (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- OBAMA TO CONGRESS: Don’t Muck It Up!’ (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Obama, Republicans offer economic solutions in weekly addresses (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Deadline For Payroll Tax Cut Looms, Obama Pushes For Extension (businessinsider.com)