|Save the Date: March 28 is Healthy Air Call-In Day!
On Wednesday, March 28, volunteers from across the country will be coming to Washington to fight for air on our 2012 Capitol Hill National Advocacy Day. Please add your voice to our advocacy day and join with thousands of supporters across the U.S. by calling your U.S. Senators and asking them to stand up for the Clean Air Act and for public health.
The Clean Air Act is once again coming under attack. The Senate may vote soon on a resolution that would permanently block the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) lifesaving Mercury and Air Toxics Standards. Introduced by Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma, the resolution (S.J. Res. 37) would prevent the long-overdue cleanup of life-threatening toxic air pollution from power plants. This bill would endanger our children, our communities, and human healthby exposing the public to unsafe levels of toxic air pollution.On Wednesday morning, we will send you information on how to call your Senators and talking points so that you can ask your elected officials to save lives, support the Clean Air Act, and oppose any rollbacks of critical public health safeguards.In order to maximize the impact of these calls to the U.S. Senate, please wait to make your calls until Wednesday, March 28, when you receive the talking points in your email. Also, please ask your family and friends to participate in the Healthy Air Call-In Day as well.Thank you for joining together with us on this important day to fight for clean air!P.S. Want to do more? Use hashtag #HealthyAir on Twitter and ask your followers to participate on the 28 too. Also, post on your Facebook status: ”On Wednesday, March 28, call your U.S. Senators and tell them to support clean air!”
- Jessica Capshaw Calls on Moms to Protect Air Pollution Ruling (treehugger.com)
- Ronnie Citron-Fink: 5 Scientists (and Dr. Oz) Make Clean Air Sense (huffingtonpost.com)
- Congressional Malpractice (jonathanturley.org)
- Why Senator Collins’ Boiler Amendment Guts the Clean Air Act and Does Not Just Delay It (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- Lung Association: Air is cleaner but as dangerous than ever (junkscience.com)
- Tell Congress: Don’t cut off our clean air …Union of Concerned Scientists (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- GOP to keep EPA in hot seat on Clean Air Act (junkscience.com)
- Protect Children from Mercury Pollution from Industrial Boilers by Clean Air Council (socialactions.net)
- Colorado clean-air plan gets early OK from EPA (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Senate Rejects Stowaway Amendment That Would Cause Thousands of Deaths (climateofourfuture.wordpress.com)