Yes We Can (@GoodOleWoody) August 17, 2012
I’m sure you’ve heard about Mitt Romney‘s refusal to release multiple years of tax returns — a tradition that all viable presidential candidates have followed since Romney’s father set a precedent in 1968.
On Friday, President Obama’s campaign manager Jim Messina sent the Romney campaign a letter offering a compromise: Release just five years of tax returns and, in exchange, the Obama campaign would stop criticizing Romney for his lack of transparency on the subject.
I’ve just co-signed Messina’s letter because it’s unacceptable that Mitt Romney expects us to put him in charge of our taxes, but he refuses to be transparent to us about his. Will you join me?
- Obama raises $75 million in July (politico.com)
- Romney team rejects Obama campaign ‘deal’ to release tax returns (guardian.co.uk)
- Obama campaign makes tax offer to Romney team (kansascity.com)
- The Obama Campaign Just Wants Five Years of Your Taxes, Mitt (slog.thestranger.com)
- Rep. West has counteroffer for Obama’s tax-return request (thehill.com)
- Ryan Infuses Grassroots Spirit into Campaign (breitbart.com)
- Fake social media followers newest ploy in political campaigns (ctvnews.ca)
- First Lady spearheads new Obama grassroots outreach effort (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Fake followers newest ploy, accusation in politics (seattlepi.com)