“Putin Thanks Romney for
Calling Russia No. 1 Foe”
The Russian leader said Romney’s comments strengthened his resolve to oppose NATO’s plan for a missile defense shield in Eastern Europe, a system Russia believes will degrade its nuclear deterrent. The U.S. insists the system is aimed at Iran, not Russia.
“I’m grateful to him (Romney) for formulating his stance so clearly because he has once again proven the correctness of our approach to missile defense problems,” Putin told reporters, according to the Russian news agency RIA Novosti.
“The most important thing for us is that even if he doesn’t win now, he or a person with similar views may come to power in four years. We must take that into consideration while dealing with security issues for a long perspective,” he said, speaking after a meeting with Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, according to Interfax news agency.
Putin also waded into the U.S. election in an interview last week with state-controlled Russia Today television. Putin called President Obama “a very honest man” and said after their meeting at the G20 in Los Cabos, Mexico, he believed he could strike a missile defense deal with him, saying Obama’s willingness to deal appeared “quite sincere.” FULL ARTICLE
- Putin Thanks Romney for Reminding Him That America Is Almost 50% Dumbass (slog.thestranger.com)
- Putin Says Romney’s Words Justify Russian Opposition To Missile Shield (addictinginfo.org)
- Mitt Romney’s Reckless Russia Comment Endangers US National Security (politicususa.com)
- Vladimir Putin Muses On The Benefits Of Group Sex (telegraph.co.uk)
- Putin: Romney helped Russia by calling it top foe (rep-am.com)