NBC NEWS – FIRST READ
It’s impossible to say for certain, but here’s a look at what it might have meant.
NEWTOWN – A tough assault weapons ban might have blocked the sale of the Bushmaster XM-15 that Adam Lanza’s mother bought legally and which police say he used to kill all his victims in the school. A ban on high-capacity magazines might also have reduced the killing power of the weapons he brought to the school.
President Barack Obama signs executive orders on gun violence during an event at the White House in Washington, January 16, 2013.
AURORA – As with Newtown, a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines might have reduced the killing power that James Holmes brought into the movie theater. FULL POST
- Obama Unveils Gun Control Measures (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama Plan To Go Beyond Mass Shootings To Everyday Violence (mysanantonio.com)
- Oak Creek Mayor Scaffidi appears with Obama at gun proposal unveiling (jsonline.com)
- How Does the Sandy Hook Massacre Demonstrate the Need for Gun Controls That Have Nothing to Do With It? (reason.com)
- CNN/Time Poll: Slight dip in support for gun control measures in last month (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama unveils $500m gun violence package (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama unveils $500m gun violence package (news.smh.com.au)
- Obama gun control plan: President to propose assault weapons ban, tougher … (chicagotribune.com)