AMNESTY: the act of an authority (as a government) by which general pardon of an offense is granted often before trial or conviction especially to a large group of individuals.
The US Congress and past presidents have failed to secure our southwestern border to the extent that we have 12 million undocumented citizens in America. Conservative Republicans balk at any hint of amnesty, but, offer no sane solution to our problem. Imagine how much money it would cost to deport or prosecute 12 million Latinos for not having the proper papers:
All the tea in China could not pay for the legal tie ups in our legal system if we tried to send these Latinos back to their old homes.
WE ARE BROKE !
Republicans will have to just “take a chill pill” and work with Democrats to find an fair solution to our immigration problem. President Obama has ideas and, so does a new bi-partisan group of senators including Dick Durbin, John McCain, Marco Rubio, Charles Schumer, Robert Menendez, Lindsey Graham, Jeff Flake et als. President Obama says that ‘this time we get it right!’
Have you signed one of the petitions being circulated? Have you told your elected officials how you feel about the situation? What will you support? After being here for twenty and thirty years makes them, by the fact itself, citizens without papers. The world is not perfect. Get over it…and support a path to legal citizenship and coming out of a dark limbo.
- Republican Party fears losing war of words on immigration reform (thehill.com)
- Amnesty Red Alert (topconservativenews.com)
- Jon Stewart: GOP talks about amnesty like it’s a deviant sexual practice (rawstory.com)
- Newest amnesty plan from ‘gang’ blasted (wnd.com)
- Pushback: Conservatives Unite to Oppose Marco Rubio’s Amnesty (minx.cc)
- Suicidal GOP senators join open-borders Dems for Shamnesty Redux (michellemalkin.com)
- Rubio’s amnesty a path to oblivion for GOP (conservativeread.com)
- How The GOP Is Talking Itself Past The ‘Amnesty’ Trap (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Sheila Jackson Lee responds to Lamar Smith on immigration plan: ‘It is not amnesty’ (chron.com)
- The Limbaugh Amnesty Proposal (rushlimbaugh.com)