|“This is an important issue that we must discuss with our Afghan counterparts“- US statement
“In today’s [weekly] national security council meeting, Afghan President Hamid Karzai ordered the ministry of defence to kick out the US special forces from Wardak … within two weeks,” Faizi said.
Faizi said “misconduct” by people linked to the US special forces in Wardak included the beheading of a student and the capture of nine missing locals.
A US statement said it took all allegations of misconduct seriously.
But said the US could not comment specifically on this latest development “until we have had a chance to speak with senior government officials“, the statement by a spokesman for US special forces said.
“This is an important issue that we must discuss with our Afghan counterparts,” the statement said. FULL ARTICLE
- RT: Karzai orders US Special Forces out of two provinces, citing torture and murder (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Karzai to expel US special forces from key province – Hindustan Times (hindustantimes.com)
- Karzai orders US Special Forces out of two provinces, citing torture and murder (poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com)
- Politics & NWO – Re: Afghan president expels.. U.S. special forces (disclose.tv)
- Karzai Expels U.S. Special Forces (rferl.org)
- Afghan government accuses US special forces of civilian death and torture (guardian.co.uk)
- Karzai Orders U.S. Special Forces Out Of Two Provinces, Citing Torture And Murder (albanytribune.com)
- Afghan President: U.S. Troops Must Quit Province After Torture Allegations (huffingtonpost.com)