By Alexander Smith, NBC News contributor
The family of kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro, who hung himself with a bedsheet in an Ohio prison, is set to claim his body, officials said Thursday.
Gary Mohr, director of the agency, said one review will look at the suicide itself while the other will assess Castro’s circumstances and care in the days leading to his death, The Associated Press reported.
- Ariel Castro’s family ready to claim his body (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Coroner confirms Cleveland kidnapper-rapist’s suicide (news.yahoo.com)
- Ohio kidnapper’s body scheduled to be claimed – Seattle Post Intelligencer (seattlepi.com)
- Castro lawyer: We expected him to be protected in prison (today.com)
- Convicted Ohio kidnapper Ariel Castro found dead in jail cell (fox2now.com)
- Ariel Castro commits suicide, held 3 women captive in Cleveland (vindy.com)
- US Kidnapper and Rapist Commits Suicide (voanews.com)