Originally posted on NewsFeed:
Why have sex when you can manage a virtual candy store in a video game? That’s the question millions of Japanese young people are asking themselves, as they increasingly choose to stay single and not have sex. Here are 11 things we learned from the Guardian’s investigation of Japan’s “celibacy syndrome.”
1) In Japan, a third of people under 30 have never dated anyone ever.
2) 45 percent of women say they have no interest in sex or even “despise” it, and over 25 percent of men feel the same way.
3) In 2012, more adult diapers were sold in Japan than baby diapers (which means the birth rate is plummeting.)
4) 61 percent of men and 49 percent of women under 35 are not getting any (i.e., were in no kind of romantic relationship).
5) 90 percent of young women say staying single is better than what they think…
View original 179 more words