November 8, 2013
The Honorable Darrell E. Issa
Washington, D.C. 20515
Dear Mr. Chairman:
Yesterday, you went on national television and made extremely serious allegations against U.S. Chief Technology Officer Todd Park and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, essentially accusing them of lying to the American people about the Healthcare.gov website. You then used these alleged falsehoods to justify your threat to subpoena Mr. Park to force him to appear before the Committee next week to answer your allegations. Based on information obtained by the Committee a full week ago, however, it appears that your attacks against Mr. Park and Mr. Carney are unfounded and that your statements yesterday either misunderstood or mischaracterized the information the Committee obtained. In either case, I believe it is important to correct the public record, and I request that you apologize to these officials for the unsubstantiated accusations against them.
Unfounded Accusations Against Mr. Park and Mr. Carney
Yesterday, you launched a public attack against Mr. Park and Mr. Carney, accusing them of intentionally making false statements about the number of users that were anticipated for the Healthcare.gov website.
- Elijah Cummings rips Darrell Issa for ‘reckless’ anti-Obamacare accusations (rawstory.com)
- Darrell Issa Accused Of Editing Selectively Again, This Time Over Obamacare (huffingtonpost.com)
- Elijah Cummings rips Darrell Issa for ‘reckless’ anti-Obamacare accusations (alternativenewsalert.com)
- Top House Democrat Rips Darrell Issa For Spreading Lies About Healthcare.gov Website (politicususa.com)
- Sun Rises In East, Darrell Issa Lies About It (wonkette.com)