THE LAST WORD WITH LAWRENCE O’DONNELL
by Nick Ramsay
If you paid attention to conservative pundits and politicians leading up to the elections, it’s like they were living in a different reality. Polls meant nothing and there was simply no possibility the president could get re-elected.
But the results on Election Day served as a Rewrite to those pundits and politicians.
On Friday’s special edition of The Last Word, MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell highlighted some of those who predicted a major Romney victory:
- Karl Rove: “I think Romney gets 279 to 281 or 286 in the Electoral College.”
- Newt Gingrich: “My personal guess is you are going to see a Romney landslide, 53% plus in the popular vote, 300 electoral votes plus. And we may come very close to capturing control of the Senate.”
- Rush Limbaugh: ”You know, all of my thinking says Romney big…it’s not even close. Three hundred-plus Electoral Votes for Romney.”
- Glenn Beck: “321 votes!! That’d be great, which would be a mandate, giant giant spankin’ — that’s huge!”
- Dick Morris: “Romney will win in a landslide.”
- Gov. John Kasich: “Honestly think that Romney is going to carry Ohio.”
- Sen. Rob Portman: “Once this election’s over and I believe Mitt Romney is going to win Ohio and, therefore, I think he is likely to be our next president.”
- Dennis Miller: “I think Mitt Romney’s winning. I don’t believe the polls. I don’t believe the hacks. I think he’s in great shape.”
Boehner ‘confident’ GOP, Obama can reach deal on immigration
By Daniel Strauss
Speaker John Boehner said Thursday he was “confident” Republicans could agree to a comprehensive immigration bill.
Boehner (R-Ohio) made the comment in an interview with ABC News released two days after President Obama’s decisive reelection victory over Mitt Romney.
Obama’s win was fueled by Hispanic voters, who made up a larger portion of the electorate than four years ago and voted overwhelmingly for Obama. The president won Latino voters by 44 points according to the Pew Hispanic Center.
Read the story here.
WHILE YOU SLEPT WE ELECTED A NEW/OLD PRESIDENT :)
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
In Tuesday’s election we will see if enough Americans see what Republicans have done to our political system and will vote for Barack Obama. God willing, Barack Obama will win reelection. The backbone of his success will be the Democratic grassroots effort, “Obama for America.” The Republican grassroots effort is a cabal of shadowy figures who meet in “quiet rooms”, exchange enormous sums of money, plan our future and have orchestrated a Grand Design to take over state legislatures and state election apparatus, i.e., the Secretaries of State, to put the Republican Party, led by Reince Priebus, in a position to pass laws which seek to suppress the right to vote (as guaranteed by The Constitution,) laws which restrict access to the voting booths, laws which put Republicans in charge of the very ballots themselves. Remember hanging chads? There we saw that Republican power extends to the highest level of our government, The US Supreme Court which gave us a Republican president, George W. Bush, whose name was not uttered by Republicans during the 2012 campaign which ends tomorrow. (Republicans had good reason.)
The polls say that the election will be close in the extreme! Let us hope that enough Americans see what Reince Priebus, Mitch McConnell, et als have done to our glorious country in their zeal to occupy the Whitehouse and wield great power. They must be stopped. Their “bad behavior,” (to be polite), must not be rewarded with a win of the Presidency. Voters must ask themselves, “Should I risk voting “Republican” Tuesday…and lose America tomorrow?”[SIC] We will not be voting for one choice, but, for the American future promised to us by God and which still breathes under a dark cloud of Republican mendacity. Tomorrow is in your hands. You may have to pinch your nose, but, do the right thing for America and vote for Barack Obama! And, while you are voting, vote for Democrats at the state and local level, too! God bless the United States of America! —GoodOleWoody