=== O ===
Did you see Kelly Ayotte at her town hall meetings? She has all the charm and warmth of…an ice cube…or Mitch McConnell, Minority Leader of the Senate. Kelly showed her constituents what it is to be a GOP Lemming. When they asked her, “What is so wrong with universal background checks,” Senator Ayotte regurgitated the script that all Republican stooges have memorized invoking current laws and mental health concerns. [Gun control advocates are not for creating a national gun registry.] As is typical with Republican critics of new gun control legislation, Ayotte offered nothing new to the national conversation. Heretofore, I thought of Kelly as a backdrop to male GOP colleagues when they speak on TV. It is too bad our Forefathers did not give us the option of recalling politicians who ignore the will of 90% of the people. :( —GoodOleWoody
WHILE YOU SLEPT WE ELECTED A NEW/OLD PRESIDENT :)
HAVE A GREAT EVENING!
THE DATA LOUNGE
Mitt Romney‘s Maids’ Salary Raises Questions
WASHINGTON — “For a woman with three houses and sixteen grandkids, Ann Romney doesn’t have very much help around the house, according to her 2010 tax return.
IRS forms released Tuesday by Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign show that despite reporting income of $21.7 million, the couple paid only $20,603 in taxable wages for household help in 2010. This figure was divided among four women: Rosania Costa ($4,808), Kelli Harrison ($8,667), Susan Moore ($2,238) and Valerie Cravens Anae ($4,890).
According to a number of Boston-based domestic staffing agencies, the salary range for a housekeeper is between $20 and $30 an hour, which adds up to an annual salary of $40,000 to $50,000 based on forty-hour weeks and two weeks of paid vacation a year.
But this number is only for one house, and the Romneys have three houses — a 2,000 sq. ft. townhouse in Belmont, Mass., a 5,400 sq. ft. lake house on 11 acres in Wolfeboro, N.H., and a beach house in La Jolla, Calif., that is undergoing renovations to double its size.
Even if the Romneys avoided spending time in La Jolla in 2010, they spent plenty of time in New Hampshire, with regular visits in the summer from five sons and their families.
Yet the Romneys still paid only half of the lowest range of an average housekeeper’s salary, which raises the question of who cleaned the Romney houses the other 50 percent of the time. A Romney campaign adviser declined to respond to questions from The Huffington Post about the housekeeping salaries…”
Well, as I thought, Mitt’s trickle-down economics is not practiced at home. This is Mitt Romney in the private sector! Could this be true of all Top 1% households? This morning I heard about a poll in which 58% of participants said that a President Romney would their lives better. I don’t think so. The really rich don’t care. No beach homes and Cadillacs for you!
[NOTE: This NOT an attack on Ann Romney.]
- Education Hispanics ROMNEY HAS NEVER CARED. Mitt Romney FALSE PROPHET (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- President Obama on Creating an Economy Built to Last (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Created Bain Capital that Destroyed GST Steel Which Proves that He Is a Job Killer! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney and his bold pledge for a higher unemployment rate (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney releases new TV ad in Virginia (virginiabusiness.com)
- Mitt Romney runs from Bain (dailykos.com)
- Obama Campaign Clarifies that Mitt Romney Did Not Rape any Companies [Mitt Romney] (jezebel.com)
- Santorum calls for “Jesus candidate” (cbsnews.com)
- Santorum: Americans Need a Jesus Candidate (crooksandliars.com)
- Evangelicals Discuss ‘Encouraging’ Gingrich And Perry To Get Behind Santorum (huffingtonpost.com)
- Evangelicals Consider Pushing Gingrich, Perry To Drop Out And Back Santorum (tribuneofthepeople.wordpress.com)
- With Three Days To Go, New Hampshire Is Still Romney Country (outsidethebeltway.com)
- The “Jesus Candidate” (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Santorum: No plans to team up with Gingrich (thehill.com)
- ‘You Don’t Want To Trap Yourself’ (huffingtonpost.com)
WILL GOV. NIKKI HALEY RAISE HER NEGATIVE APPROVAL RATING AFTER ENDORSING INFAMOUS JOB-CUTTER, MITT ROMNEY?
- Unpopular South Carolina Governor, Nikki Haley, Loses in Her Bid to Return Her State to “Jim Crow” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Nikki Haley’s Endorsement Of Mitt Romney Surprises New Hampshire Supporters (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nikki Haley Targeted For Recall (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gov. Nikki Haley, Will You Keep Your Promise to “Personally Provides Rides” to Fellow People of Color in SC Who Need to Get Photo Voter ID? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- What does Gov. Nikki Haley think about Mitt Romney’s record of killing jobs in South Carolina? (dailykos.com)