By Austin Wright and Jake Sherman
Virginia Rep. Randy Forbes, a senior House Republican eyeing a powerful committee chairmanship, is causing friction with some of his colleagues by pushing the House GOP campaign arm to deny support for some of the party’s gay congressional candidates.
Forbes has waged a lengthy crusade to convince his colleagues and the National Republican Congressional Committee brass they shouldn’t back some gay candidates. His efforts on Capitol Hill were described to POLITICO by more than a half-dozen sources with direct knowledge of the talks.
By Jennifer Epstein
“I don’t have an update for you on that. I know that he will and has said that he will,” Carney told reporters.
Asked when the registration will happen and whether the White House will make it open to the press, Carney responded: “I’ll get back to you.”
Soon after the ACA passed, the White House had told USA Today that Obama would sign up for insurance through an exchange, and when POLITICO followed up earlier this year, a reporter was directed back to those comments.
Carney’s comments Monday were the first recent confirmation of the president’s plans. He has the option of choosing to work through the District of Columbia or his home state of Illinois.
Mike Allen dispenses “Happy Friday Greetings!”
6 AM – 9 AM EASTERN
POLITICO Breaking News
The health law update from the Congressional Budget Office on Tuesday found that costs would drop by $84 billion over 11 years because not all states would opt in to Medicaid expansion. About 6 million fewer people will be covered by Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program, but about half of them would end up covered in the state-based health insurance exchanges, so about 3 million more people would be uninsured.
For more information… http://www.politico.com
Yes We Can (@GoodOleWoody) July 06, 2012
- Starbucks CEO extends “Indivisible” campaign from coffee to social media (paidcontent.org)
- The Politico’s White House Reporter Joe Williams to Leave in Wake of Remarks About Mitt Romney (themoderatevoice.com)
- Obama calls on lawmakers to end gridlock (cnsnews.com)
- Joe Williams, Politico Reporter, Out Of A Job Following Controversial Mitt … – Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com)
- Economic data is little help for Washington gridlock (mysanantonio.com)
- MSNBC’s Tamron Hall to reporter: ‘You’re not going to come on and insult me’ (rawstory.com)
- Former Rep. Bob Walker Defends Racism on Daily Rundown (MSNBC) (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- MSNBC Debuts New Show Starring 9/11 Truth Conspiracy Theorist (newsbusters.org)