How can we root out the
cancer of corruption
in our politics?
I’m almost always optimistic.
But this year, one thing’s sure to turn my mood dour: The nightmarish thought of Republicans winning the presidency or more of our Democratic governorships.
It’ll be reality if we don’t snap out of it. Scott Walker‘s escape in Wisconsin should serve as a lesson. They’ll win when they outspend us 10-to-1.
We’ve been warned — now we’ve gotta fight back. Our country desperately needs Democratic leadership. Give what you can right now to help the DGA meet its end-of-quarter goal. They have just $32,640 left to get there.
With one day left, you have to give now for us to win.
In all eight states where we’re protecting governorships, we can win. No doubt about it.
And we have to. It’s the only way to protect middle-class families from taking the hit for billionaires’ tax breaks. It’s how we’ll make gains in education and job training programs, and protect women and voters from attack.
Make no mistake: It’s going to be hard. New Hampshire, North Carolina and Washington — these are critical swing states. The polls show we’re either tied or right around the margin of error. These puppies are close.
So we’ve all got to come together right now. A drop at a time will fill a bucket. That means anything you can give will make a difference.
We’ve won close elections in tough places — like Kentucky and West Virginia — so I know we can do it. But everyone has to help. We still need $32,640 by June 30 to have what we need to go forward. There’s just one day left. Will you give now?
Take a stand, now, before the deadline. So much is riding on it.
DON’T BE HOOD-WINKED…LIKE WE DID WITH “W”
Did you watch a postmortem of the re-call election in Wisconsin? It has been clearly illustrated just how powerful Big Money is thanks to Citizens United. How do Democrats hope to win in the future? Will you now get involved in the political process? They may have billions of dollars for TV commercials that distort the truth and tell outright lies. But, we have God on our side! The Republican Primary Campaign has been a season of lies. It is like they have abandoned God! They think that if they lie and don’t suffer defeat or lie and don’t get caught or lie until you have to walk-it-back to the truth, they can avoid the final consequence:
Bible: “All liars will have a place in the lake
that burns with fire and brimstone.”
- Taken over state legislatures where they refuse to let Democrats speak.
- Signed into law the work product of a corrupt legislative process.
- Waged a “War on Women” attempting to roll-back their gains in civil rights, reproductive rights and the right to make decisions about their very bodies.
- Distorted traditional thought about the separation of church and state.
- Started a slow process to reverse Roe vs Wade.
- Refused to vote “yes” on “equal pay for equal work” which would benefit women.
- Refused to give the civil rights they enjoy to gay people.
- Appointed Supreme Court Justices who flaunt tradition and the law to support Republican causes.
- Given us the most wide-ranging and evil institution: The unbridled SuperPac.
- Attempted to pass laws which define “life” and when it begins.
- Attempted to roll-back gains made in racial integration.
- Used one state’s lingering racism to win a primary election.
- Attempted to restrict access to contraception.
- Rolled back the power of labor unions because they give financial support to Democrats.
- Attempted to change school textbooks omitting the factual history of slavery in America.
- Used federal stimulus money to balance state budgets.
- Waged a war on Barack Obama to discredit and enfeeble our first black president and deny him the customary second term. This war has been sure and unrelenting…and ugly!
- Called the President ‘a liar’ in the sacred well of the House on international television.
I suspect that if you were to ask your Republican friends if this list embarrasses them, they would boldly say, “No”! How can the world consider us an exceptional nation when our politics are as dirty the ones we fight and try to overthrow? —GoodOleWoody