MAKE NEXT WEEK EXTRA PRODUCTIVE
Got that awards-show hangover? Can’t remember who won the People’s Choice, Critics’ Choice, or Golden Globes, and it’s still two weeks until the Oscars? Here’s your splash-in-the-face cure: The Grammys.
Even before the bizarre “no side boob” memo from CBS, the Grammys were the one bright pre-Oscar light in the endless wintery deluge of awards shows. Sick of Anne Hathaway and Ben Affleck speeches and that same montage of scenes from “Lincoln”? We can promise you none of that will drift over into the Grammys. Instead, expect wild clothing choices (don’t think that memo’s going to hold anyone back), lively performances and almost inevitably, some off-screen or red-carpet or other event that overshadows the actual handing out of the awards.
Recent years have seen two disturbing events take place right before the awards and affect the show. In 2009, singer Rihanna canceled a planned Grammy appearance after her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, beat her up during an argument in a car the night before the awards. And just last year, legendary singer Whitney Houston died in her bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel the night before the Grammys, which hastily put together a tribute to the Grammy- and Emmy-winner.
updated 1:12 PM EST, Thu February 16, 2012
“For complete coverage of Whitney Houston‘s death, tune in to CNN and HLN. On Saturday, CNN’s Piers Morgan, Soledad O’Brien and Don Lemon remember the music legend at 11 a.m. ET, and a special CNN Presents at 8 p.m. ET takes a look at her life and death.
(CNN) — Saturday’s funeral for legendary pop singer Whitney Houston is expected to be made available for television and web streaming from the New Jersey church where she grew up, Houston’s publicist said Wednesday.
In every sense, she will be going home.” [CNN]
- Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Bobby Brown to Perform at Whitney Houston’s Funeral (ibtimes.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral to Stream Live Online (inquisitr.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral To Be Streamed Online (ksfm.radio.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral to be Televised, Will You Be Watching? (clutchmagonline.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral Will Be Aired Live On The Internet (beatcrave.com)
- Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys to sing at Whitney Houston’s funeral service in Newark (nj.com)
- Despite restrictions, Whitney Houston fans will get as close to funeral as possible (nj.com)