Along with the “Pomp and Circumstance” of being the President of the United States, Barack Obama has special powers and executive powers and military powers as Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces. We have been given three branches of government which check each other in getting the people’s business done and in defending The Constitution. [Of course the three branches are the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches.] The 112th Congress will prove interesting. However, it could be continued obstruction and delay or with the power divided in Congress, the watchword could be COMPROMISE… (or as one prominent congressman prefers, “reaching common ground.” 🙂 The quick pace of legislating we witnessed in the lame duck session could be sustained and the stench of dysfunction could be purified with courageous action on bills in both houses of Congress. Have you prayed for this Congress and it’s leaders? Have you contacted your elected officials and voiced your opinions. CHECK THIS SITE. Where do you stand in the battle between FoxNews and MSNBC in covering the news from day-to-day? Do you use Twitter and Facebook to keep involved in the political process? I have not read “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire,” but, I’ll bet somewhere in there is apathy! If we leave it to others to get it done, we should not whine and whimper about how President Obama or Congress is doing “nothing” (gridlock) and the Washington lobbyists have more sway over politicians than the very people who stood in line and voted them into office. Let’s all make America the exceptional nation it once was. It is our destiny! God bless the United States of America!
- Shining a Light on Mitch McConnell is out! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… Stories via @MattMorgan23 @jtormey #mitchmcconnell #cnn 1 hour ago
- Focusing on Gun Violence is out! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… #georgefloyd 6 hours ago
- The Heat on "Stand Your Ground" is out! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… 15 hours ago
- Donald Trump to African American and Hispanic voters: ‘What do you have to lose?’ washingtonpost.com/news/post-poli… 20 hours ago
- The latest The Donald Trump Anti-Tribune! paper.li/GoodOleWoody/1… Thanks to @LiberalLiberty4 @MamitaMarizzle @AuroraElect 20 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- "LeBron James’ Penis Exposed During NBA Finals — Fans Freak Out"
- JUSTICE via ANTONIN SCALIA - Cartoon #11
- JIMMY KIMMEL: "RUDE BARB" - "Best YouTube Video of 2013"
- PRIVATE EQUITY CARTOON #1
- STEPHEN COLBERT: "Better Know a District - Minnesota's 5th - KEITH ELLISON"
- "The White Cop Shoots Black Man Daily" - Newspaper
- America, Land of the Free? - Racial Profiling Cartoon #4
- Civil Rights for All and Humor: Cartoon #5
- Dixie (Confederate States of America) Parody, ThDubya