History will deem last night a victory for progressives. Here are some key facts:
- Gov. Scott Walker no longer has a working majority in the Senate. His extreme anti-worker bill passed by only 2 votes, thanks to 1 moderate Republican. Our 2 wins are game changing.
- If last night’s election was statewide, Democrats would have won in a landslide. We forced neck-and-neck races in Republican areas.
- In 2012, if Democrats achieve last night’s rate of success in Republican House districts, Speaker Nancy Pelosi will have a 274-seat majority.
- We sent a national message that when Republican politicians hurt working families, voters will punish them — even in Republican areas.
- We also proved that when Democrats stand strong for progressive principles — as Democrats did — they will be rewarded by voters and volunteers.