Disputes over tighter voting procedures grow as election year approaches
Tighter voting laws, such as those requiring voters to produce a photo ID before casting their ballot, in several states could not only disenfranchise some voters, but also lead to longer voting lines next year, according to the results of a mock election in Wisconsin.
House Republicans and Democrats bickered Tuesday over the new laws on the House floor. Democrats said voter ID laws disenfranchise minority, elderly and student voters — who typically support Democrats — while Republicans claimed the new laws reduce voter fraud. [The Hill]Continue reading.
- Democrats to state officials: oppose voter ID laws (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Democrats to state officials: oppose voter ID laws (sfgate.com)
- RU Black? There’s a Campaign to Keep You from Voting in 2012 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Obama fighting back against war on voting (dailykos.com)
Daily Cartoon from CartoonStock.com
� original artist c/o CartoonStock.com – unauthorised reproduction is illegal
Like this cartoon ?
License this cartoon for
print use, web or presentation use.
Buy this cartoon on a mug, mousemat or t-shirt.
Buy this cartoon as a print or original artwork.
Liz Cheney appeared on CBS’ “Face the Nation” this morning…regrettably. She offered no original answers and insulted Host, Bob Schieffer and the producers for their choices of subjects for discussion. Shieffer, a trooper, went on undeterred by the “Republican consultant.” The big subject of the day was Herman Cain and his unresolved issues of sexual harassment in the workplace. Cain is adamant that he did not harass anyone, yet his employers paid two female Cain co-workers a total of $80,000 in hush money. The people have a right to know, Liz Cheney!
- Liz Cheney Leading the Defense of Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s Collective Bargaining Assault (crooksandliars.com)
- What Would Perry’s Mid-East Policy Look Like? (pinkbananaworld.com)