83% OF THE PEOPLE
Next up: `Occupy Congress’
One of the enduring questions about Occupy Wall Street has been this: Can the energy unleashed by the movement be leveraged behind a concrete political agenda and push for change that will constitute a meaningful challenge to the inequality and excessive Wall Street influence highlighted by the protests?
A coalition of labor and progressive groups is about to unveil its answer to that question. Get ready for “Occupy Congress.”
The coalition — which includes unions like SEIU and CWA and groups like the Center for Community Change — is currently working on a plan to bus thousands of protesters from across the country to Washington, where they will congregate around the Capitol from December 5-9, SEIU president Mary Kay Henry tells me in an interview. [QUOTE: Washington Post] Continued.
- Unions and progressive groups launching ‘Occupy Congress’ (dailykos.com)
- “Occupy Congress?” Now You’re Talking! (skydancingblog.com)
- Coming next month: “Occupy Congress” to shill for Obama’s jobs bill (hotair.com)
- Mark Twain famously wrote, “There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.” ~ Sarah Palin: How Congress Occupied Wall Street – WSJ.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How Congress Occupied Wall Street (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)