Elizabeth Warren responded aggressively to Karl Rove’s latest attack ads — which is exactly the right thing to do.
Warren knows the importance of fighting back against ridiculous right-wing attacks.
Warren made clear that she was exposing Wall Street’s wrongdoing while Rove was “part of the inner circle” of the Bush Administration that handed out bailouts to Wall Street with “no strings attached.”
To take on Wall Street, Warren will need strong allies in Congress. So on the above link, you can also donate to bold progressive candidates who promise to stand strongly with Warren.
Thanks for being a bold progressive.
— Adam Green, Stephanie Taylor, Jason Rosenbaum, Kari Thurman, Neil Sroka, and the PCCC team
- No, Karl Rove. The Debates Allow Us to See the Candidates “Without Their Pants On,” So To Speak. They Are Revealed As They Truly Are. (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Elizabeth Warren unloads on Karl Rove for new dishonest ad (dailykos.com)
- Karl Rove-Funded Ad Says Elizabeth Warren Is In Bed With Wall Street (huffingtonpost.com)
- Karl Rove’s Orwellian new ad attacks Elizabeth Warren for being close to Wall Street (dailykos.com)
- Elizabeth Warren: Karl Rove Takes Wall St. Money To Attack Me For Being Cozy With Wall St. (mediaite.com)
News from The Hill:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) does not plan to bring the Senate back in session next week, even if the House rejects a compromise bill to extend the payroll tax holiday, said his spokesman.
When asked whether Reid would call senators back to town next week if House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) refuses to schedule a vote or the House defeats a two-month extension of the payroll tax cut, Adam Jentleson, Reid’s spokesman, said: “No.”
“There is absolutely no reason the House should not pass the overwhelming bipartisan compromise passed by the Senate,” said Jentleson.
- House GOP demands new payroll tax cut bill (cbsnews.com)
- Boehner Rejects Payroll Tax Extension (myfoxny.com)
- Hold Everything: House Republicans Oppose 2-Month Payroll Tax Deal (news.firedoglake.com)
- House Republicans oppose payroll tax cut bill (theglobeandmail.com)
POSTED ONE YEAR AGO TODAY!
“We send these young people into combat,” said McCain, R-Ariz. “We think
they’re mature enough to fight and die. I think they’re mature enough to make a
judgment on who they want to serve with and the impact on their battle
“Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use
sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification,
and not to destruction.” – 2 Corinthians 13:10
“And we know that in
all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called
according to His purpose.” -Romans 8:28
- No More DADT (webnerhouse.com)
- John McCain on the DREAM Act and DADT (juddforclas.com)
- Booed Gay Soldier: ‘Military Has Been 100 Percent Positive’ Since DADT Repeal (thinkprogress.org)
- Joe Sestak: Fair Opportunity, Greater Effort (huffingtonpost.com)
- DADT Repeal Hasn’t Destroyed American Military, Says Highest-Ranking Marine (queerty.com)
THIS POST IS FROM A YEAR AND A DAY AGO. DOES IT PAIN YOUR HEART TO REMEMBER WHAT THE 112th CONGRESS HAS NOT DONE TO IMPROVE OUR HUMAN CONDITION? WILL DEMOCRATS CONTINUE TO ADVOCATE FOR THE POOR AND THE MIDDLE-CLASS? DO YOU STILL HAVE HOPE? DO YOU STILL THINK THAT CHANGE WILL COME? HAVE THE SAD RECORD OF OUR POLITICIANS REVEALED TO YOU THAT “WE CAN’T WAIT?” YOUR NUBMER ONE RESOLUTION FOR THE YEAR 2012 IS TO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR. MAKE RESOLUTION NUMBER TWO TO JOIN THE FIGHT TO RECLAIM AMERICA FROM REPUBLICAN “POLITICS AS USUAL” AND MAKE GOVERNMENT WORK FOR THE PEOPLE AGAIN. THROW OFF POLITICIANS WHO ARE IN LEAGUE WITH LOBBYISTS AND SPECIAL INTERESTS TO THE DETRIMENT OF OUR WONDERFUL NATION. AND, RESOLUTION NUMBER THREE IS TO WITNESS TO EACH OTHER THAT GOD IS ALIVE AND ON THE SIDE OF WHAT IS GOOD IN AMERICA!
moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words,
not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.
Summons to New Orleans, 2000
- Dems: McConnell to regret filibusters (politico.com)
- THE PEOPLE WANT US SENATE REFORM – Originally Posted 12/09/10 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Reid Pulls the Plug on McConnell (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- GOP blocks recess appointments (politico.com)
- Filibusters Gone Wild (jonathanturley.org)
Disgraced ex-Speaker Newt Gingrich appeared on “Face the Nation” this morning. Excellent questions were asked but rather than ‘fess up’ and accept responsibility for his actions, Professor Newt talked in complicated linguistic language that only members of his elite class could follow. His arguments may have been “factually correct.” We’ll never know because we stop listening to people who think they are so smart they can talk down to us. BTW, Newt used the word the word “elite” today as if he is not included in the definition. Clueless ego!
Newt chuckled throughout the interview, amused by what he was saying. He refused to comment on his strongest opponent, former Gov. Mitt Romney, as part of his “give them nice Newt campaign.” This insincere campaign, necessary because Newt lacks funds to fight an extended, dirty campaign, hopes that he can dismiss his long past as a divisive Washington insider who was forced out his political position of being THIRD IN LINE TO THE PRESIDENCY and was punished for wrong-doing with a fine of $300,000. People, times are too serious for us not to keep in mind the truth of Newt’s campaign conspiracy illustrated by this convincing political cartoon:
- Is Newt Gingrich Only “Flavor of the Month?” Some Say He Has “Peaked” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Indecision 2012 – THE GREAT RIGHT HOPE – Newt Gingrich 12-15-11 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- UNCOMMON KNOWLEDGE: Christopher Hitchens and Newt Gingrich together, from 2002. “The interview is … (pjmedia.com)
- Is Newt Gingrich’s Surge Already Over? (alternet.org)
- Romney Blasts Rival, Predicts Tea Party Betrayal (huffingtonpost.com)
Conservative Mitt Romney Tells Poor, ‘I Will Cut Your Aid and You Won’t Feel It!’ What a Cold Heart Republicans Have
A PRESIDENT ROMNEY WOULD PUSH FATE OF THE POOR ON THE STATES
ROMNEY FEELS THAT BANKRUPT STATES CAN HELP THE POOR BETTER THAN A PRESIDENT MITT ROMNEY
MITT ROMNEY IGNORES FACT THAT STATES HAD TO BALANCE THEIR BUDGETS BY USING FEDERAL INFRASTRUCTURE MONEY
HAS MITT ROMNEY EVER GOTTEN CLOSE TO POOR PEOPLE – EXCEPT FOR “THE HELP?”
- Romney Challenges Gingrich On Medicare, Opposes Tax Cuts For The Rich (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gingrich might look good among this line-up. But that’s not saying much | Michael Cohen (guardian.co.uk)
- Newt Gingrich Threat To Mitt Romney Rises After Iowa Debate (huffingtonpost.com)
John Boehner Appears on “Meet the Press” and Is Not ‘Pressed’ to Answer Ohioans Who Accuse Him of Corruption in Keystone XL Pipeline
December 18, 2011 9:20am EST
Speaker of the House, John Boehner appeared on “Meet the Press” just now. He said that one of his main goals is to obtain the American Dream “for all Americans and their grandchildren.” But, there was no sincerity and passion like that which he exhibits for the success of the Keystone XL Pipeline which his constituents oppose and associate with Rep. Boehner and corruption. The American people should have been shown the video from Wednesday where Boehner’s staff refused his constituents entry to his local office as they were complaining to him about the pipeline.
Host, David Gregory asked a lot of questions but did not really press the Speaker on the obstruction he has enjoyed leading in the 112th Congress which he, Boehner, began in January by promising America jobs and then did not deliver. In this pleasant interview Gregory did not press Boehner to justify his obstruction to the American Jobs Act, a job creator which would pave the way to the American Dream and reward our veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan to financial hardship. Speaker Boehner is heavily involved in his special interests. John Boehner has a lot to answer to the American people on his conduct instead of making quips and running away from the camera as he did recently.
- Ohioans Slam Boehner over Backroom Keystone XL Tar Sands Deal (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Republicans Want Keystone XL Pipeline So Much, Even Though It Would Only Produce 20,000 Jobs (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- John Boehner: House will insist on Keystone XL pipeline rider to payroll tax extension (dailykos.com)
- Republicans Want Keystone XL Now; Obama Says No (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Republicans Demand to Kill the Keystone XL Pipeline (news.firedoglake.com)