TODAY, THE TEA PARTY/REPUBLICANS PISSED ON THE MIDDLE-CLASS
ERIC CANTOR PLAYS IAGO TO JOHN BOEHNER’S OTHELLO (Martin Bashir)
- Republicans Want Keystone XL Pipeline So Much, Even Though It Would Only Produce 20,000 Jobs (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- The Truth About Our Payroll Tax Cut (esquire.com)
- Stay of of Eric Cantor’s Virginia Woods! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Take Action: Let’s Hold House Majority Leader Eric Cantor Accountable (fool.com)
- Boehner Says House GOP Opposes Deal on Payroll Tax – New York Times (nytimes.com)
This will be one of the most critical presidential elections in our nation’s history. And we want to know what you think our progressive priorities should be in the 2012 election season.
If we are not fully engaged this year, we could actually end up with a far-right Tea Party extremist President who supports:
- Judges who bend the law to side with corporate special interests over the rights of ordinary Americans
- Rigging Election Laws to make it harder for minorities and young people to vote
- Rolling back civil rights
- Eradicating educational standards
- Punishing teachers who teach science in the classroom
- Repealing laws protecting gays’ and lesbians’ rights
- Eliminating financial regulatory forms
- Privatizing Social Security, and ending Medicare as we know it
- Jailing doctors who perform certain medical procedures on women
- Eliminating the rights of workers to have collective bargaining
- And a whole lot more proposals that would terrify anyone not part of the extreme Far Right.
In other words, they are out to destroy our nation and democracy as we know and create a “corporatocracy.” Backed by billionaires like the Koch brothers, and big fundraisers like Karl Rove, right-wing candidates this year are beholden to big money and Wall Street more than ever … Which means, if they win, corporations will be running our country—and we will be a “corporatocracy.” What do YOU think the best way is to fight it — Survey’s just a click away right here.
In the last major election, thanks to a conservative Supreme Court decision, wealthy corporations could secretly contribute unlimited amounts of money to influence elections and look what happen. They nearly took over every state in the country and won the House of Representatives.
Imagine what 2012 will be like.If we lose, we will not be living in a democracy, but by a government that is run and controlled by corporations, and their elected puppets on Capitol Hill — a “corporatocracy.”
Our country’s future is hanging in the balance.
President, People For the American Way
- Campaign 2012 (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- A Message from OBAMA 2012 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Is Karl Rove picking a fight with Newt Gingrich to help Mitt Romney? (dailykos.com)
- Election 2012: Boehner’s Staff Used Backroom Antics To Shape Congressional Races, Report Shows (huffingtonpost.com)
- Election 2012 is Around the Corner! (zazzle.com)
Romney’s Bulldog Unable to Explain Why Romney Can’t Connect with the Base. Joe Scarborugh Had to Protect Christie from Mika Brzezinski’s Probing Questions. All Boys Club Rule?
promote his candidate for the Republican nomination for president, Mitt Romney. Joe Scarborough noted that ‘he felt good to have another Republican at the table with whom he could connect.’ And, connect he did. Chris and Joe engaged in flirting and deflection of subjects in an attempt to throw Mika Brzezinski (@morningMika) off her mission to have a serious interview relative to candidate Romney. She asked the usually smooth talker from New Jersey to explain why, at this late date, Mitt Romney finds it difficult to connect with his base. Christie had no answer or would not answer truthfully. He resorted to flirting with Mika and to talking about himself and the President. It was pathetic! Fellow Republican, Joe Scarborough had to come to Christie’s rescue to end the embarrassing turn in the segment. “MorningJoe” is known for its probing of serious political issues in the morning. This morning it was an all boys’ club that would not let Mika be the superb reporter which has brought her acclaim. Shame on you, @joeNBC.
Undaunted, in the next segment, Mika asked the candidate himself the same question. Romney launched into a recitation of his record as governor, as he sees it. Romney talked about his positions on issues. Aided by Joe Scarborough who took the lead in the conversation, Mitt Romney, himself, did not answer Mika Brzezinski’s serious question: “Why at this late date have you not connected with the base?” Mitt Romney and his campaign have no answer to this telling question! Brava, Mika!
- Joe Scarborough’s Surprising Text From Chris Christie (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mika on Morning Joe: GOP Field Stinks (usnews.com)
- Mitt Romney Shows His Lighter Side On ‘Letterman’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Scarborough Reveals Surprising Information About Mika Brzezinski (huffingtonpost.com)
- Christie texts MSNBC over bias (politico.com)
- Joe Scarborough Shouts Down Mika Brzezinski Over Toxic Politics: ‘Stop The Apologizing!’ (mediaite.com)
- Mika Brzezinski Slams Gingrich Momentum, Claims GOP ‘Clearly Don’t Want To Win’ (mediaite.com)
- WATCH: Scarborough Yells At, Mocks Mika (huffingtonpost.com)
RU Watching the News? Republicans Insist We All Give In to Them. We Have Got to Take Our Country Back from the GOP!
-REPUBLICAN MARCHING ORDERS WERE GIVEN-
THETURNED ITS BACK ON THE PEOPLE
WHO COULD STOPIF THEY WIN IN 2012?
YOUR NUMBER #1 JOB IS TO STOP REPUBLICANS IN THEIR TRACKS!
It’s simple: Either the richest among us contribute a small percentage of their enormous wealth to offset the tax cut extension or 160,000 hard-working Americans will see their taxes rise $1000 in 2012. that the TOP 1% will not pay one cent more in taxes,no matter how fair or , who lost the , demand that surrender to their demandChristian or American it would be. They will not negotiate…again! They are willing to shut the government down again and be the reason for further decreases in our credit rating. Is nothing sacred to Republicans? Do they think this is governing as conceived of by the founders of our country? The TOP 1% live off the fat of the land, inherited money and money made from graft and profits made on betting on the success or failure of others. Not by the sweat of their collective brow. Do they not appreciate the patriotism of the class of Americans who sweat, labor and volunteer to fight and risk dying for our democratic values? To answer, “Yes,” they would have to sacrifice so little. Looks like every one of their pennies is crucial to their survival. It’s the rich man’s burden, I guess. At least there are meetings going on between the competing sides trying to find some last-minute solutions. The US runs out of money at 12:01AM Saturday. Democrats insist that the tax cut extension issue be solved first. Will bless us, the poor and middle-class? Remember, God promises to answer prayer!
We all get to vote next year. If Republicans don’t care about the average man, as they demonstrate, WE MUST NOT RETURN THEIR INCUMBENTS TO THE CONGRESS IN 2012. The Democratic Party will be offering a slate of true American candidates worthy of your vote. Vow to not be a couch potato on election day. And, offer to take a senior citizen with you to the polls next time.
- Democrats give up millionaire’s surtax in payroll tax cut extension debate (dailykos.com)
- Did Boehner reverse GOP tax policy? (politico.com)
- Survey: Congressional approval at record low, GOP takes brunt of discontent (thehill.com)
- First sign of progress toward avoiding tax hike – CNN (edition.cnn.com)
- Republican Parents, Your Babies Breath the Same Air as All of Us Do. THINK! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
Daily Cartoon from CartoonStock.com
� original artist c/o CartoonStock.com – unauthorised reproduction is illegal
Like this cartoon ?
License this cartoon for
print use, web or presentation use.
Buy this cartoon on a mug, mousemat or t-shirt.
Buy this cartoon as a print or original artwork.