THIS JUST IN: PRESIDENT OBAMA WILL NOW SPEAK AT 1:00PM EST
The Republicans think they can shut us up.
When Democrats demanded a vote on the payroll tax cut yesterday, Republicans cut their microphones, tucked tail and ran right off the House floor. Speaker John Boehner even cut off the TV cameras!
Now, Boehner’s campaign squad is trying to shift the blame to President Obama and House Democrats for raising taxes on the middle class. Don’t let them get away with it.
My friends at the DCCC are looking to double-down on a massive Rapid Response Operation calling out these shameful Republicans. They’ve doubled their original $100,000 goal, and need just $32,231 by Midnight Tomorrow to hit $200K.
I’m sorry if it hurts their feelings, but when House Republicans slam 160 million middle class folks with a $1,000 tax increase, you can be darn sure we’re gonna holler about it.
Funny thing is Mr. Boehner said he is not even stressed about it — nah, apparently no big deal to him — he told some reporters he doesn’t do “stress” and whined about how “grouchy” his Republican Members of Congress were being.
I don’t know about you but what makes me grouchy is these Tea Partiers in Congress protecting their billionaire and Big Oil buddies every chance they get.
A generous gift right now will go a long way to calling Boehner, Cantor and the rest of ’em out. Heck, it might even make him grouchier — so it’s worth it for that alone. Help us today.
- James Carville: The World’s 7 Most Powerful Liberals (forbes.com)
- Three Weeks is a Long Time in Politics (politicalwire.com)
- James Carville: Who Cares If People Like Dems More Than GOP If We Keep Losing Elections? (mediaite.com)
- Why the GOP field is so weak (cnn.com)
- Clinton Pollster Calls GOP a Dying ‘Cult’ (usnews.com)
- Fools … James Carville (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Carville Says Romney Will Be the Nominee (politicalwire.com)
- Newt Gingrich Locks Down The Powerful Gary Busey Endorsement (videogum.com)