Attorney General Eric Holder said a federal probe found discrimination against 200,000 qualified African-American and Hispanic borrowers from 2004 to 2008 during the height of the housing market boom. He said minority borrowers who qualified for prime loans were steered into higher interest rate subprime loans.
Bank of America purchased Countrywide in 2008 for $4 billion in a deal that made the bank the nation’s leading mortgage lender at the time. The deal closed in July 2008 ahead of the meltdown in financial markets that fall. [QUOTE: CNN]
- BofA Near Deal With DOJ On Claims Countrywide Used Abusive Lending Practices (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gop Unlocks the Norquist Tax Pledge! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- “On a Clear Day You Can See Forever!” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Grover Norquist Lies to the American People While Suffering from the Delusion He Represents Us (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Grover Norquist and His Empire (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)