God created man and only God could redeem man from his sins and reconcile man to God. So, God sent His Son to be come man and to die for man’s salvation.
- Why did Christmas turn out to be all about presents when its really about Jesus’s birth (wiki.answers.com)
- Nativity of the Lord Jesus Christ: Mt 2:1-12 (modeoflife.org)
- The Birth of Jesus and The 10 Commandments – Two New Apps for Christmas (themactrack.com)
- The Birth of John the Baptist (deaconcast.com)
- Why is the Incarnation Significant? – Part 3 – The Ultimate Revelation (deliveredfromdarkness.wordpress.com)
- Advent Series Day 22- through Joseph’s eyes (everydayawe.com)
The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed an amended version of the two-month payroll tax cut extension Friday, following approval in the Senate, and sent it to President Obama for his signature.
The measure passed in both chambers by unanimous consent, a procedural move allowing the measure to go forward even though most members of Congress are home for the holidays.
Obama is expected to sign the bill shortly, handing a defeat to House Republicans and wrapping up a legislative year marked by repeated partisan brinksmanship and declining public approval of a seemingly dysfunctional Congress.
House and Senate members are now expected to resume negotiations on a year-long extension of the tax cut when Congress reconvenes in January.
GOP leaders first questioned the merit of the tax cut and then complained that a short-term extension would be more trouble than it’s worth, but Obama used the standoff to portray the Republicans as de fenders of the rich with a callous attitude toward the burdens of the middle class.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, finally succumbed Thursday to calls from across the political spectrum for House Republicans to stop blocking congressional approval of the bipartisan two-month extension previously approved by the Senate.
Under the deal, the payroll tax will remain at the current 4.2% rate instead of reverting to the 6.2% rate it was at before the cut was enacted last year. Without congressional action, the higher rate would have returned in 2012, meaning an average $1,000 tax increase for 160 million Americans. The typical worker’s take home salary will shrink by about $40 per pay period without the tax cut.
The agreement also includes the addition of legislative language to ease the administrative burden on small businesses implementing the plan, and a commitment to the negotiations on a one-year extension of the payroll tax cut as well as other benefits. [QUOTE: CNN]
- GOP’s cave adds 2 months to payroll-tax cut, unemployment benefits (philly.com)
- GOP finally caves to Obama’s payroll tax idea (bazaardaily.com)
This has been the year of getting to know the Republican candidates for the nomination for President of the United States. The circus of exploration went from the ridiculous…to the even more ridiculous. There have been great revelations in bad behaviour, scandalous history and a shocking willingness to suspend truth, character and attention to “traditional values” in order to win. One wonders what drives them: The quest for ultimate global power? Weeks ago, rapacious Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ) said that no one would want him as their vice president. He then accepted the job of being bulldog for Willard Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts as he continued his campaign for the nomination. After indicating that Romney would not want him as his vice president, Christie is now willing to be considered. Typical? If Chris Christie tells you it is raining, go to the window and check for yourself. Blazoned on our collective memory is the video opening a window onto the true lack of respect Chris Christie has for the electorate:
Chris Christie Would Embarrass Us on the National Stage
- Romney’s Bulldog Unable to Explain Why Romney Can’t Connect with the Base. Joe Scarborugh Had to Protect Christie from Mika Brzezinski’s Probing Questions. All Boys Club Rule? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Christie’s open to V.P. nod (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Robert Creamer: Willard Mitt Romney Rails Against “Entitlement Society” – That takes Chutzpa (huffingtonpost.com)
- CHRIS CHRISTIE: It Would Be Great If Romney Wasn’t So Boring (businessinsider.com)
- Christie Won’t Rule Out Veep (politicalwire.com)
- Romney Admits He Will Only Tweak Obamacare (markamerica.com)
- N.J. poll: Voters want Mitt Romney as GOP candidate, but favor re-electing Obama (nj.com)
- Romney-Christie 2012? (alan.com)
“GOP heart of Dixie could be up for grabs” – UPI
CLICK LINK BELOW:
- WATCH: How Newt Gingrich Stole Christmas? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Introducing The 1% newest champion – Newt Gingrich (allianceforanidiotfreeamerica.wordpress.com)
- Is Newt Gingrich’s Surge Already Over? (alternet.org)
The Tea Party thought they had a holy mission, but, were corrupted and co-opted by the system. Their power has not produced good. They must not be re-elected. We cannot restore the middle-class and take back America until all of us determine to TAKE THE MONEY OUT OF Oh, Washington! So much evil goes on in secret back rooms with deals that result in big profits for some and the lost of rights, dreams and the very survival of many Americans. How many Americans are left who love !God and country enough to fight for an America that works for the common man and woman? How many Americans have been freed from political mistakes and evil ideology of the American political past which discriminated against minorities, the sick and the elderly? AMERICANS WHO ARE DIFFERENT? America has come a long way into giving civil and human rights to all Americans in the 21st Century. We are not the America we read about in history books in school. As envisioned by our founders, America is a democracy which continues to evolve. Some Americans hold onto the past, perhaps for security. Modern day Americans still have values and goals and religion. They worship the true God and accept Jesus as their Saviour. No group has a lock on God. He made us all and He loves us all. He sent His Son to die for all of our sins, not just the Christian Right. All who accept Jesus Christ God makes His children. Thank you, Father!
- The Future of History (englishworldstudy.wordpress.com)
- Kirk Cheyfitz: How Much Does America Really Love Democracy? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Video: Russians protest against political corruption (cbsnews.com)
- Is America a Failing State? (blogs.hbr.org)
- The Terrible, Boring Ways That Money in Politics Ruins Democracy (Daily Show Video) (treehugger.com)
- The Cry for Freedom (singularspectrum.wordpress.com)
- Robert Reich: Why the Republican Crackup is Bad For America (huffingtonpost.com)