If you haven’t started those resolutions for 2012, time to get started!
- Get paid for your unwanted holiday gifts (williecrawford.com)
- Unwanted presents provide a net gain online (smh.com.au)
- Britons spent £2.4bn on unwanted Christmas presents this year (dailymail.co.uk)
New post on Work in Progress
Whenever opponents of open gay service in the military are asked why they favor “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT) (or an outright ban on gays serving in the military), they respond that sexuality has no place in the military, and they couldn’t be more wrong. As long as there are humans serving in the military, sexuality will have a place there as well. Even a cursory glance at Maslow’s hierarchy of needs shows that sexuality plays a role in the human condition. Sexuality plays a role in every level of this pyramid, yet opponents of gay service ignore the role sexuality plays in all of our lives, starting with their own.
- On Marines, equality, and my date to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball (Part 1) (matthewphelps.wordpress.com)
- Log Cabin Republican Director: Bradley Manning’s DADT Defense Akin To “‘Gay Panic’ Defense By A Murderer” (queerty.com)
- Marine Tells Powerful Tale of Life Post-‘DADT’, Taking a Date to the Marine Corps Ball (towleroad.com)
- Mitt Romney is more contradictory than Rick Santorum’s stance on human sexuality (bazaardaily.com)
- Bipartisan Legislation Looks to Assist Victims of Sexual Trauma in the Military (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Lady Gaga Celebrates DADT Repeal (celebs.gather.com)
South Carolina has a female Republican governor, Nikki Haley, who signed a law that would suppress the voting power of her fellow non-white South Carolinians, has had her law stopped in its tracks by the US Department of Justice which rightly called the law discriminatory and in violation of the Voting Rights Act. 200,00 South Carolinians would have lost their voice in South Carolina thanks to Nikki Haley who enjoys a state issued drivers license which says she is “white.” How’d that happen, Nikki? You’d return South Carolina to its evil history of Jim Crow. Do you realize how you, a person of Indian descent would have been regarded in South Carolina’s historical treatment and regard for non-whites? Wise-up, sister and get yourself straight! Be a champion of all South Carolinians regardless of color so that your state can hold it head up high in The New South!
Justice: S.C. voter-ID law discriminatory
CLICK LINK BELOW:
- Gingrich Defends South Carolina’s Decision To Fly Confederate Flag At Capital (thinkprogress.org)
- Nikki Haley Is in Big Trouble With Her Base (usnews.com)
- Romney Predicts Tea Party Will Turn On Rival (huffingtonpost.com)
“Drinking ‘Tea’ ” Has Created No Jobs. Let’s Ban All Forms of “Tea” in 2012 Government and Negotiations – Free the Hands of the GOP to Be Pro-American…Again!
Let’s return to drinking our water “straight.” 🙂
During the regrettable mid-term election of 2010 many well-meaning but frustrated American voters turned to the now dangerous Tea Party for solutions. Grover Norquist pounced on Republican victors immediately with his lifetime tax pledge that you have heard much about. Quickly the promise of the Tea Party was co-opted by “the system” and they lost their way. Instead of being force for good, they narrowed their focus on winning all issues no matter the resulting damage to the country and her citizens. The recent insanity that played out in Washington was controlled by the small group of Tea Party representatives in the House, “The Freshman Class.” They were not personally in the news (evil loves the darkness and abhors light). Their public face was Speaker John Boehner who has not lived up to the implications of that huge gavel presented to him as a symbol of his power in office. Boehner has been a small leader constantly at odds with the Tea Party and their real leader, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA). We have given them a year to prove themselves worthy and honorable. TIME IS UP! In the year 2012 all Americans should BAN “TEA” IN OUR GOVERNMENT, OPERATIONS AND NEGOTIATIONS. When it is time to vote, DO NOT RE-ELECT TEA PARTY CANDIDATES FOR OFFICE…or any new ones that might spring up!
Tax-Cut Accord Reveals A Rift Within GOP
- House Republicans Blink In Contentious Year-End Showdown (huffingtonpost.com)
- HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) Goes on TV to Shift Blame for His Screw-Up on Handling Tax Extension (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Harry Reid Runs Up Score Against Tea Party (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boehner, tea-party freshmen at odds in House (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Boehner loses some ground as House leader – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- GOP Tax Debacle Could Cement Obama’s WH Bid (usnews.com)
- GOP Tax (Pledge) Breaks (planetpov.com)
- Whose Cup of Tea? Republicans flat on financial fixes under guise of Grover Norquist (donny-wise.com)
- Support For The Tea Party Drops, Taking The Republican Party Down As Well (themoderatevoice.com)
- Ed Schultz: The Tea Party House GOP Are Economy-Destroying ‘Sewer Rats’ (newsbusters.org)
- Boehner and the Tea Party | breezespeaks (mbcalyn.com)
- Congress set to throw in the towel (politico.com)
A UNIQUE CELEBRATION
Kwanzaa is a weeklong celebration held in the United States honoring universal African-American heritage and culture, observed from December 26 to January 1 each year. It features activities such as the lighting of a kinara and libations, and culminates in a feast and gift giving. It was created by Maulana Karenga and was first celebrated from December 26, 1966 to January 1, 1967.
- KWANZAA 2011-2012 – First Fruit Celebration (examiner.com)
- Kwanzaa (summereadingame.wordpress.com)
- 10 Facts about Kwanzaa (tovah11.wordpress.com)
- Kwanzaa Celebration: Regeneration Night at the Apollo (uptownflavor.wordpress.com)
- Happy Kwanzaa? Negro Please! (thelastcivilright.org)
- Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa (greateratlantametrohomebuyersrealtor.wordpress.com)
- Harambee Institute To Hold Annual Kwanzaa Celebration (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)