FIRST STEP – 4 RECESS APPOINTMENTS AT ONCE!
RUMORS OF MORE TO COME!
SURELY THE CREDIT RATINGS AGENCIES APPLAUD THIS SIGN OF STRENTH AS CONGRESS REMAINS OBSTRUCTIVE!
News from The Hill:
White House ‘very confident’ recess appointments were legal
By Amie Parnes
Republican leaders blasted Cordray’s appointment as an “unprecedented” and potentially illegal power grab by the president, but Carney said the White House is “very confident” that the law is on their side.
At the same time, Carney added, “I don’t want to anticipate legal challenges we haven’t seen yet.”
Business groups say legal challenges to the recess appointment could come swiftly, and an official with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce told The Hill a court fight over the appointment is a near certainty.” [SOURCE: The Hill]
- President Obama making recess appointments to labor board, again braving GOP outrage (dailykos.com)
- White House daily briefing, 1/5 (politico.com)
- Obama NLRB Recess Appointments Thrill Labor, Infuriate Business – more signs that Obama has been unleashed? : 0) (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- More Obama Recess Appointments, This Time To NLRB (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Of Course You Know This Means War! (jeffwinbush.com)
- Republicans furious over Obama recess appointments (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Obama to Make More Recess Appointments (politicalwire.com)
- Obama Charts Path for Reshaped Military – Wall Street Journal (online.wsj.com)
- Private hiring soars; seasonal issues cloud gain – Reuters (reuters.com)
- 3 arrested as part of probe into Walker aides – Boston.com (boston.com)