“MSNBC‘s Ed Schultz: Two Shows”
- WATCH: Ed Schultz Slams Critics (huffingtonpost.com)
- A ‘Pissed Off’ Ed Schultz Records Message To Liberal Critics: ‘Shut Up!’ (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Blasts Ron Paul Over Homophobic Endorsement (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Anderson Cooper: Ed Schultz Is ‘Silly’ For Attacking Me Over GQ Article (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ed Schultz Fires Back: Responds To Fox News and Eric Bolling’s Criticism (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ed Schultz And Lawrence O’Donnell Get Into It Over Rick Santorum ‘Manufacturing Plan’ (mediaite.com)
- The Beagle Has Landed: Ed Schultz Introduces The World To Rex The ‘Republican-Hating’ Dog (mediaite.com)
- Ed Schultz Criticizes Fox News For ‘Exploiting Christmas’ (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
Rick Santorum, Would-be Saint, Got Rich the Old-Fashion Way: Trading on Congressional Background Like Newt Gingrich!
WASHINGTON — Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) has become a top-tier candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in recent weeks by appealing to evangelical voters as a man steeped in family values and his Christian faith. From 2007 to 2011, however, Santorum served on the board of directors of Universal Health Services Inc., a large hospital chain which racked up dozens of allegations of abuse during that time — including everything from rape to suicide attempts allowed by neglect to murder.
Over the years, states have barred children from attending UHS facilities over safety concerns and the feds have put UHS on their radar. Department of Justice lawyers have filed two lawsuits accusing the chain of fraudulent activities. One lawsuit settled for $27.5 million. Another suit still pending in federal court in Virginia centers on a facility called Keystone Marion Youth Center.
The facility, located in Marion, Va., is a residential treatment center for troubled boys with mental-health issues. The majority of patients come from states’ child-welfare and juvenile-justice systems. The center promises stability, schooling, and clinically-approved therapies. It was also approved to accept Medicaid patients.
It did not have approval to perform an “exorcism.”
But that is what appeared to be happening in an empty room at Marion in May 2007, according to a facility teacher who passed by the room, which was occupied by at least one nurse, a supervisor, a janitor and a boy with autism. Several in the room appeared to be hovering over the boy and praying, according to the teacher, who recounted the incident shortly after to Barbara Jones, the center’s director of education at the time.
The severity of the boy’s autism left him hardly able to speak and unable to walk on his own, Jones says.
“‘They were trying to exorcise him. That’s why he had the autism, he had a demon in him,'” Jones recounted what the teacher told her to The Huffington Post. “The cleaning lady was trying to cast out the demons.” [Source: Huffington Post]
Rick, I read that you characterize yourself with lie that you are a “Washington outsider.” People, read how Rick Santorum’s checkbook swelled after his service in Congress.
Afraid of what Citizens United will allow the Republicans and the rich, secret power structure behind them might do to harm this country? We can stop them! DON’T SIT ON YOUR COUCHES ON ELECTION DAY LIKE MANY OF YOU DID ON ELECTION DAY, NOVEMBER 2010 WHICH ALLOWED THE TEA PARTY TO HARM US. If you are poor, middle-class, black, gay, blue-collar, union, service worker or otherwise oppressed, YOU CAN NO LONGER LAY ON YOUR ASS AND NOT VOTE IN EVERY ELECTION. AND, YOU MUST VOTE A STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC TICKET. The Republican candidates have shown you in their campaign speeches and debates just who their Party is looking out for. And, it’s NOT YOU! Pray, but, “God helps those who help themselves.” If all of us vote to re-elect Barack Obama and other Democratic candidates in 2012, we can defeat the evil which seeks to control our lives, our bodies, our children….our future!
- Rick Santorum-Linked Universal Health Services Facility: Fraud, Assault And Alleged ‘Exorcism’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Santorum spars with growing crowds (politico.com)
- Aspen Ranch Residential Treatment Center for Teens Expands Family Program to Introduce Parents to Equine Therapy (prweb.com)
- At Residential Treatment Center for Troubled Teens, Students Become Teachers During Program’s First Outdoor Classroom (prweb.com)
- Santorum in the Lion’s Den (politico.com)
- Santorum Becomes Millionaire in Six Years After U.S. Senate Loss (businessweek.com)
- Ironwood Residential Treatment Center Offers Warning Signs for Parents of Teens (prweb.com)
- Rick Santorum’s rivals set to attack after surprising Iowa surge (news.nationalpost.com)
- Rivals set to pounce on Santorum’s past – Reuters (reuters.com)
So, Rick Santorum, are you admitting that the Job Creators, the TOP 1%, have been refused to create jobs for the 14 million unemployed or support the President’s AmericanJobs Act, simply to obtain a political gain? Do you admit that
Republicans are playing games with the lives of the little people? Little people. You know: Those who can’t write you big checks in public and exchange even larger and un-chartable donations given in secret to get you and your crew of racist oligarchs into office from where you can reward their support with patronage. Rick, watch this video reaction to your incredible statement:
Rick, do all your politician friends give up truth and honesty to be a success? Are you the shining example of what it means to be a Republican? Would the world respect us if we elected a racist, liar, homophobe dictator-wannabe as President? Rick, I heard you are called “The American Taliban.” Have you any idea why some Americans would see Rick Santorum this way? Have you seen the Rick Santorum we know from your own image and words on YouTube? Repent and depart from us!
THANK YOU, PRESIDENT OBAMA, FOR THE STEADY PROGRESS IN THE ECONOMY AND THE SLOW BUT STEADY DECREASE IN UNEMPLOYMENT. THE CONGRESS HAS ABANDONED HELPING IN OUR JOBS CRISIS, WHICH IS IN THEIR POWER. THEY HAVE BETRAYED THEIR OATH OF OFFICE TO FOLLOW THE REPUBLICAN MARCHING ORDER WHICH UNDERLIES THE SLOWING OF PROGRESS IN EACH AMERICAN’S PURSUIT OF LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS! MAY GOD HELP YOU TO RETURN US TO THE HALCYON DAYS OF PROSPERITY UNDER PRESIDENT CLINTON, A DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT, LIKE YOURSELF!
Senator Mitch McConnell gave the Republican Marching Order in Cold Blood
- Democrats to Republicans: Please Give Us a Rick Santorum Nominee (fidlerten.com)
- Santorum Applauds Jobs Growth – Not Obama (blogs.wsj.com)
- When Rick Santorum Embraced Lobbyists (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Santorum’s Gay Ex-Staffer Is His Biggest Apologist (queerty.com)
- GOP Primary Race Takes Ugly Turn (huffingtonpost.com)
- Alan Grayson: Rick Santorum Is Wrong (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Santorum jeered after comparing gay marriage to polygamy (latimes.com)
- Rick Santorum’s New Hampshire Problem (usnews.com)