With a mixed bag political history and a personal history of a “trashy life.” it is curious why disgraced ex-speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich gets incensed when the media correctly call him a lobbyist. He could not truthfully say what his job was at Fannie Mae. Or, was it Freddie Mac…or both? I mean, why would they pay $1.6 Million dollars for a “historian?” That is the going rate for top lobbyists in Washington who became big and powerful in government and later traded on their contacts and influence. This describes Newt Gingrich, the ultimate Washington INSIDER!
Perhaps Professor Gingrich missed the lecture on “What Is a Lobbyist?” For generations we have turned to Websters for accepted definitions of what things are…or are not.
Definition of LOBBY
Examples of LOBBY
- an organization that has been lobbying for reform of the tax laws
- The health-care industry has lobbied against the proposal.
- an organization that has been lobbying Congress for reform of the tax laws
- a player who has lobbied hard to be included in the team’s starting lineup
- I lobbied our company for a new computer.
NEWT GINGRICH OWES AN APOLOGY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND TO THE MEDIA WHICH SHINES A BURNING LIGHT ON ISSUES THAT CONCERN OUR FUTURE
NEWT, YOU WILL RECALL WHAT SHAKESPEARE SAID ABOUT “A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME,” ETC.
- When is a lobbyist not a lobbyist (thehill.com)
- Lobbying Felon Jack Abramoff Calls Out Newt Gingrich’s Corrupt Freddie Mac Deal (mediaite.com)
- Chris Christie: ‘Newt Gingrich has embarrassed the party’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Did Newt Gingrich Break Georgia’s Lobbying Law In 2004? (thinkprogress.org)
- Newt Gingrich says being without his lobbyist income is ‘challenging’ (dailykos.com)
- Newt Gingrich not technically a lobbyist, but … (cbsnews.com)
- Why Didn’t Newt Register As A Lobbyist? His Work ‘Benefits The Country At Large’ (crooksandliars.com)