U.S. stocks rallied as investors cheered a much stronger than expected jobs report, with the Dow ending at its highest point since 2008.
The Nasdaq reached levels not seen since 2000, increasing 46 points on Friday, or 1.6%. The S&P 500 added 19 points for the day, up 2.1% for the week.
The rally was sparked by the Labor Department’s monthly jobs report, which showed that the U.S. economy added 243,000 jobs in January. The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3%. [CNN]
- Stocks pop after ‘monster’ jobs report (money.cnn.com)
- Stock futures get boost from strong jobs report (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- U.S. Jobs Report Demolishes Expectations (huffingtonpost.com)
- Good News All Around In January Jobs Report (outsidethebeltway.com)
- January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls (money.cnn.com)
- Unemployment Rate Falls Again (politicalwire.com)
- Unemployment rate hits 8.3 pct. after hiring burst (abclocal.go.com)
Jon, no one does politics like you!
Yesterday, Newt said, “cared for the very poor unlike Mitt Romney.” Newt said that as president, he would replace our “safety net” with a trampoline!” Newt, you’ve been creating jobs for 30 years, according to you: Why did you wait so long to give us this brilliant idea? Huh?
BTW, Newt, speaking of little poor, black children cleaning toilets… these black children had no inside toilet when you were born, June 17, 1943. I have personal experience of “the outhouse.” ):
- Does Newt Gingrich Hear Himself When He Speaks? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney And Gingrich On Class Warfare (middle-class-populist.com)
- NEWT: I care about the poor, ‘unlike Gov. Romney’… (politico.com)
- Gingrich Shifts to Populist Tone (blogs.wsj.com)
- Romney gaffes alarm GOP (thehill.com)
- Mitt Romney Says He “Misspoke” About The “Very Poor” [Video] (inquisitr.com)
Have you noticed how in our country, and elsewhere, some men get rich, achieve success and, then, they want power. Power over the “little people.” [Success is Mitt Romney‘s platform. Newt Gingrich thinks he is the rightful arbiter of right and wrong and based on that should win! Santorum, not rich, yearns for power, too.] Why do rich people want to control our lives, make the poor accede to their agenda and let them define for us, right from wrong? Rick Santorum, would impose his personal, religious agenda on us and that of his Roman Catholic Church
Romney is only concerned for those who have achieved success. These candidates are the minions of the elite TOP 1% of the American population. One of the true statements in The Bible is, “Money is the root of all evil.” Mitt Romney, do y’all believe that in the Mormon Church? I recall that you are/were a high official in your religion. Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, how about your Roman Catholic Church? Newt Gingrich, as president, would put us in jeopardy of being controlled by the infamous “leader whose name we dare not speak.” Each of us must have a personal relationship with God which keeps us in sync with His plan for us.
Lincoln, Roosevelt and King
Lord, send us another Abraham Lincoln or a Franklin Delano Roosevelt or a Martin Luther King! America has become a dismal place. Those who seek public office don’t fear punishment for lying to us. The make passionate statements one day and “walk them back” the next day. All without blinking their eyes! They admit that meet in “quiet rooms” to discuss and plan our fate.They meet in their convention and spend a lot of time making a platform: A list of all the policies their political party stands for…until the next convention. Sadly, there is no one to police these platforms and make sure they are enacted in governance…if they win the election. What do the political parties do in the non-election years? Just plan for the next election? Why aren’t they actively growing their party down to the grassroot’s level?
Republicans are not happy with their choice of candidates for president. These men have the kind of baggage which says that these men are less than ideal for President of the United States. But, GOP Voters they must “hold their nose(s)” and chose a nominee.
Way before he started the campaign, President Obama promised us he would be our “Warrior for the middle-class.” He would restore us who seen the TOP 1% bring home a paycheck grown by 300% and ours by approximately one-third of that.
Obama: “I’m a warrior for the middle class”
Responding to claims his “Buffett rule” is class warfare, President Obama on Thursday said asking a billionaire to pay same tax rate as a teacher makes him “warrior for the middle class.”
After showing the American public just how out of touch and ugly their motivations, values and goals are, we, the public have not connected to their campaigns. Mitt Romney said, “I don’t care about the very poor,” and Rick, there’s no taking that back. Must I “go to the video tape? Newt, has championed and employed the residuum of racial hatred of days gone by in the South. Rick Santorum, unlike our great President, John F. Kennedy, has not said that as a catholic president, he would not be influenced or guided by the Catholic church. Some republican voters wish there were more time for others to throw their hat in the ring. So, what have the GOP decided to do? They now are concerned about the middle-class and the poor. Their words are hollow. There is no passion. They have chosen the wrong path, because, “we have seen them without their clothes off!”
Here I would say God bless them, but…
- Santorum Ad Tells Us What the “DEAL” with Newt Gingrich is (politics247.wordpress.com)
- Blowout in Nevada? Romney Is on Track (newser.com)
- Media to Newt: We Can’t Quit You! (newser.com)
- Trump to Endorse Gingrich (newser.com)
- Mitt Still Faces Long Fight (newser.com)
- Ron Paul Backer Roughed Up at Newt Rally (newser.com)
- Memo to the Media: Newt’s Not Beaten Yet (adamcollyer.wordpress.com)
“Iran has enough nuclear material for four bombs,” Director of Military Intelligence Aviv Kochavi warned Thursday. “Iran is vigorously pursing military nuclear capabilities and today the intelligence community agrees with Israel on that.” Read & Comment
Is Iran insane? We are committed to the defense of Israel! We were the first country to have the bomb. We ended World War II by dropping an atomic bomb on Japan. We still are the greatest, most powerful military in history! We like our status. Should Iran drop a nuclear bomb on Israel, we wouldn’t hesitate to drop a bomb on Iran. Iran should know this? Why are they being so bellicose? Is it all an exercise of hate? That part of the world has been fighting for five thousand years. And, it won’t stop until Jesus’s Second Coming. As a Christian, I say that Jesus told us to look for the signs of His Second Coming. Jesus told us what to look for in The New Testament. I have been told by Jack Van Impe, an impressive Biblical scholar, who has a religious program on Sunday morning, that the final battle will be brought about by combined forces from Iran, Russia and China. They will attack Israel. Jesus will come to earth as He said He would. Father in Heaven, I long for that day!
God send His precious Son, Jesus, to die for our sins and reconcile man to Him. Nailed to a cross, Jesus accomplished His mission. Before He died, Jesus said, “Spread the Good News.” “Look for signs of my Second Coming.” “I will come again!”
Definition of ARMAGEDDON
- IRAN can produce FOUR BOMBS (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Kochavi: Iran has enough Uranium to build 4 atomic bombs – Israel News, Ynetnews (ynetnews.com)
- Israel’s vice-premier warns Iran on nuclear sites (ctv.ca)
- Former IDF chief Ya’alon: West can hit all of Iran’s nukes (jta.org)
- Israel: military action may be needed against Iran (sfgate.com)
- ‘Panetta believes Israel will attack Iran this spring’ – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)
- Israel Accuses Russia Of Supporting Iran Terror Organizations, Says Iran Has Enough Material For 4 Nuclear Bombs (zerohedge.com)
- Iran has material for four atomic bombs, Israel says (thestar.com)