On the verge of financial collapse, the world’s largest “ex-gay” ministry, Exodus International, held an emergency meeting in New York City on Nov. 16, 2011. At the clandestine gathering, Exodus President Alan Chambers emphasized making the organization more donor accessible by re-branding it into “something more palatable to those with funds to give, and the general public alike.”
Chambers’ first stab at this cynical strategy occurred in January at the Gay Christian Network‘s annual conference. While on stage in Orlando, Chambers tried to convince people that Exodus has altered its hateful and harmful ways and gone mainstream.
The problem is, it’s not true.
TWO’s Special Report uncovers Chambers’ deliberate campaign of misinformation and proves that Exodus has not mended its message, nor its misleading rhetoric designed to trick potential clients into believing that they can “change” from gay-to-straight.
Please consider reading our Special Report and passing it along to friends, as well as “liking” it on Facebook.
Fight back against Exodus’ lies in Atlanta:
Exodus is bringing its “ex-gay” roadshow to Atlanta this month. Join us in countering their misinformation campaign:
‘Love Won Out’ community meeting
731 Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30308
3915 Carrollton-Villa Rica Highway
Villa Rica, GA 30180
- Exodus President Admits Ex-Gays Don’t Change Their Orientation (thinkprogress.org)
- Will Anyone Donate To Help Keep Ex-Gay Exodus International From Closing? (queerty.com)
- Exodus Int’l Prez Alan Chambers Is Just Super-Jazzed About Being Named Christian Of The Year (queerty.com)
- ‘Ex-Gay’ Organization ‘Exodus International’ on Verge of Collapse? (towleroad.com)
- They Are the 99.9% (slog.thestranger.com)
- In My Own Backyard! (ronskemp.wordpress.com)
- Wayne Besen: The Top 10 Ex-Gay Stories of 2011 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cynthia Nixon Gay ‘Choice’ Comments Anger Homosexual Activists By Brittney R. Villalva (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Exodus International, Ex-Gay Christian Organization, Faces ‘Social And Financial Oblivion’: Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- Anoka, our little blight on the prairie (freethoughtblogs.com)
From one end of the Muslim world to the other, Christians are being murdered for their faith. In January 2012 alone, the Nigerian group Boko Haram, whose stated goal is to kill all Christians in that country, has been responsible for 54 deaths. In this week’s Newsweek, Ayaan Hirsi Ali reports on a war the media has been reticent to report—and says the fate of all minorities is at stake.
Joe Scarborough (@joeNBC) often champions “small government” and I believe that means something akin to states rights. Joe forgets the state bankruptcies and misappropriation of Stimulus money by some states to balance their state budgets. I once suggested to the President to do what Roosevelt did and excite and energize our workers with a WPA program of his own. The presidential candidates have got me down. Is this the level the best we have to seek public office? Do the Republicans have to lower their standards and morals to get back into the Whitehouse? If we let them win, we could have another “TOP 1%” oriented government under which the poor and the middle-class would continue to decline. Barack Obama is our “Great White Hope.” He champions and identifies with the poor and the middle-class. He knows what it is to work! He welcomes support of unions and workers. Are you in? Just like we won the last time, President Obama needs your small donations to his campaign. Did you that Mitt Romney is trying to copy Obama’s idea? So, it’s settled all of us (America) will vote for Barack Obama’s second term as the “Warrior for the !”
On this morning’s “MorningJoe”, Joe had Rev. Al Sharpton as a guest and when RevAl mentioned that 5 million people may not be able to vote because of VOTER SUPPRESSION, Joe Scarborough poo pooed us, the poor, blacks, Latinos, the different. 5 million minorities may not be able to cast a vote in the next Presidential Elections because of a Republican War on the Middle-Class. Shame on “MorningJoe!”
- Barack Obama Knows the Lord and Will Restore America from the Ravages of Greed! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Attention Poor Americans! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- The Middle Class and Mitt (theatlantic.com)
- Joe Scarborough: If Ron Paul Runs As Third Party Candidate ‘I’ll Give Him A Long Look’ (mediaite.com)
- Sen. Chuck Schumer: Romney Is ‘Desperately’ Trying To Be A Middle Class Candidate (mediaite.com)
- The Democratic Path to Victory (thedailybeast.com)
- Romney: ‘I Misspoke’ On ‘Very Poor’ Comments (huffingtonpost.com)
- Will America Work Again? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Geraniotis: Middle class must remain America’s economic engine (goerie.com)
- Joe Scarborough Protects Republican, Steve King from Mika Brzezinski and Then He Attacts DNC Chairman, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Joe Scarborough Offers Up a Big Dose of Revisionist History on Morning Joe (crooksandliars.com)
- Scarborough: Newt Gingrich dismisses Michele Bachmann because she’s a woman (hotair.com)
- Rick Santorum Shares Memory Of Joe Scarborough Running Across House Floor Yelling ‘I’m Here Because Of You!’ (mediaite.com)
- The Road To Oligarchy (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- Morning Joe Panel Rips Into The ‘Fickle’ Media’s Coverage Of GOP Candidates (mediaite.com)
Phatforums News Room and Blog
- Russia and China Block U.n. Action on Syrian Crisis (mysanantonio.com)
- Russia, China Block U.N. Resolution To Curb Syrian Violence (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Newsspot – Russia and China Block U.N. Action on Syrian Crisis (assassinstairhopper.wordpress.com)
- U.S. ‘Disgusted’ As Russia And China Veto U.N. Resolution On Syria (thinkprogress.org)
- In backing Assad, Russia reveals a willingness to defy the West (theglobeandmail.com)
- Sec. Clinton lambasts ‘travesty’ of UN veto on Syria (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Activists: Syrian Troops Kill More Than 217 in Homs – Voice of America (voanews.com)
Your Majesty, we “yanks,” have enjoyed sharing your reign as observers and love you and your family. We love and support you! God has blessed you and your people. Long live the Queen!
Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; born 21 April 1926[note 1]) is the constitutional monarch of 16 out of the 54 sovereign states within the Commonwealth of Nations, and Head of the Commonwealth. In order of foundation, the 16 independent Commonwealth realms are the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis. As the British monarch, she is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. [Wikipedia] Read more.
- Another royal opportunity for a holiday, thanks to the 2012 Diamond Jubilee (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- Church of England releases prayer to mark Queen’s jubilee (telegraph.co.uk)
- UK Queen prepares for diamond jubilee (nation.com.pk)
- Queen Elizabeth’s 60-Year Reign Celebrated through 60 Photographs (PHOTOS) (ibtimes.com)
- Queen plants Diamond Jubilee tree – Telegraph.co.uk (telegraph.co.uk)
- Queen Elizabeth II by Cecil Beaton (manonmona.wordpress.com)
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee prayer: Church releases verses giving thanks for Elizabeth’s reign (dailymail.co.uk)
Fellow Democrats, keep your eyes on the prize!
Instead of Republican candidates talking bout what big and concrete ideas they have for the country, they have turned to their old weapons which divide the nation: Racism, alleged envy on the part of the have-nots toward the rich and passing laws which take the power of the ballot box for the marginalized in our society. Mind you. Those who suppress us, think they can call themselves Christian. 😦 Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul and Rick Santorum do not talk about the part they play in our American discourse: Republican Obstruction of the President’s efforts to create jobs! How can you complain about a person’s not doing something when you are actively waging a war to contravene the presidency of a democratic president. Is that because he is black? (No, I am not playing the race card). 🙂 The real war that is going on is a war between the haves and the have-nots. They are using everything, including the kitchen sink, to protect the rich from paying their fair share in restoring America to global prominence. And, they don’t see that their actions are anti-American. Jeez!
This sour man is Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) who made this declaration.
So, this January video documents how long they have been actively obstructing the President.structing. Republicans/Tea Party declared war on Barack Obama in January. They have been quite successful in being a “do-nothing Congress” which has an approval rating of “11.” It has been determined that this Congress is the worst congress ever!
Is the 112th Congress the worst in American History? That is saying a lot, but this current group has a real shot.
- Nevada caucuses: Romney trounces rivals but Gingrich vows to fight on (guardian.co.uk)
- The Looney Tunes Version of the GOP Campaigns (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney wins Nevada caucuses to strengthen his hopes of being Republican presidential candidate (mirror.co.uk)
- National News: Romney rolls to easy win in Nevada (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Newt Gingrich is a loser in Las Vegas as Mitt Romney romps in (independent.co.uk)
- Romney Wins Nevada Republican Primary (news.sky.com)
Ed Shultz, the People’s Hero!
The candidates for the Republican nomination blame the President for the jobs crisis without being fair and reminding us, that when President Obama took over from them, America was losing 750,000 jobs a year! THANK YOU, GEORGE W. BUSH! So, the Republicans are trying to win by blaming Barack Obama for not having cleaned up the mess the Republicans left him after they had two terms in office. Perhaps, President Obama needs his second term so he can finish the cleanup and then implement his own agenda in toto. A recent poll said that Barack Obama is more popular than all the Republican candidates seeking to overturn his administration! Who wants more Republicans and their “big, George W. Bush-type big government excesses which profit only the rich?” America, Barack Obama is allied with the poor and the middle-class. The common man. In fact, he has dubbed himself, “Warrior for the Middle Class!” Be a good foot soldier and join his brigade: RE-ELECT BARACK OBAMA TO A 2ND TERM AS PRESIDENT OF THE USA!
- Nevada caucuses: Romney trounces rivals but Gingrich vows to fight on (guardian.co.uk)
- Worried About Primary Vitriol? Just Relax, Says Boehner (blogs.wsj.com)
- Ed Schultz: Republicans Hate Obama More Than They Love America (crooksandliars.com)
- Handicapping a Mitt Romney campaign against Barack Obama (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Front-runner Romney admits he ‘misspoke’ on poor as Gingrich goes on the offensive – Vancouver Sun (vancouversun.com)
- Joan Walsh Says Newt Gingrich Represents ‘Resentment,’ ‘Racism,’ ‘Angry White Male Rage’ (mediaite.com)
- Name dropper – Boehner, McConnell, Ryan are cited (politico.com)
- Obama pushes Boehner to pass tax cut extension (mercurynews.com)
- McConnell: Extend tax cut short-term and long-term (seattletimes.nwsource.com)