Newt Gingrich claims that President Obama is waging a waging a war on religion. Fowl Newt! By religion you mean the Roman Catholic Church which you converted to please your wife. IMHO, President Obama supports all religions and their churches and temples, synagogues and mosques, etc. However, it is not fair that when churches go into secular business ventures that benefit from federal dollars, that they should get special exemptions because of their religion. Business is business. We all believe in “separation of church and state.”
Newt Gingrich appeared on “Meet the Press,” yesterday and was not his bombastic self. He still gave statistics and statements without attribution, though, which is typical. This time he did not insult the host, David Gregory, with his arrogance.
Speaking of contraception, when federal dollars are used in business, the federal government gets to make the rules. That’s America!
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice to Have a President Like Jesus? (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich to Obama: ‘Respect our religion,’ not ‘every other religion’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich Wants A Government That Respects ‘Our Religion’ Not ‘Every Other Religion’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Newt: “David (Gregory), “Meet the Press”), you know better. I was not a lobbyist.” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- The Myth of an American ‘War on Religion’ (ideas.time.com)
- Three reasons why there is no ‘war on religion’ (alanrudnick.org)
- The Republican Candidates And The Separation Of Church And State (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Why are so many Roman Catholics courting the evangelical vote? (gallantskeptic.com)
- It Ain’t Necessarily So (steelcityskeptics.net)
- Rick Perry Declares War On Other People’s Religion (lezgetreal.com)