Koch Brothers Respond to Obama Campaign Singling Them Out
The Obama campaign sent out a fundraising email singling out the Koch Brothers as America’s boogeymen and blaming them for high gas prices. (Just imagine what the press would do if a Republican president did such a thing.) Koch Industries wasted no time in responding.
Because every American has the right to take part in the public discourse on matters that affect the future of our country, I feel compelled to respond directly about a fundraising letter you sent out on February 24 denouncing Koch. It is both surprising and disappointing that the President would allow his re-election team to send such an irresponsible and misleading letter to his supporters.
For example, it is false that our “business model is to make millions by jacking up prices at the pump.” Our business vision begins and ends with value creation — real, long-term value for customers and for society. We own no gasoline stations and the part of our business you allude to, oil and gas refining, actually lowers the price of gasoline by increasing supply. Either you simply misunderstand the way commodities markets work or you are misleading your supporters and the rest of the American people.
As to that last sentence, I’d say it’s a little bit of both.
Rick Santorum and others are coming down on the President got apologizing for our burning Muslim holy books. We have a mission in Afghanistan (Even though Americans are tired of this war!) We have sent advisers and diplomats to build a nation where one has never existed before. By apologizing to Afghanistan we are showing them the respect a fellow nation gives to another’s culture and traditions. It’s called diplomacy!
Definition of DIPLOMACY
- SHOCKING STATEMENT FROM RICK SANTORUM….Watch Your News for More! (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- RICK SANTORUM: American Political Etiquette Demands We Not Use the “H” Word (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Rick Santorum Says Obama Shouldn’t Have Apologized For Koran Burning (inquisitr.com)
- Rick Santorum Does Not Believe There Is a Difference B/t Church and State But Only for Christians and Catholics (bonjupatten.com)
- Santorum: no apology needed for Quran burning (sfgate.com)
- US election 2012: Rick Santorum says Afghans should apologise for ‘overreacting’ over Koran burning (telegraph.co.uk)
- Rick Santorum: Obama’s Apology for Koran Burnings “Shows Weakness” (crooksandliars.com)
- Rick Santorum: Never Apologize For Being Wrong (lezgetreal.com)
Rick Santorum Related articles Romney-Santorum battle in Michigan tightens – Reuters (reuters.com) Taliban says Afghanistan airport blast ‘revenge’ for Koran burnings – Fox News (foxnews.com) Syria approves new constitution amid bloodshed – Jerusalem Post (jpost.com) Obama dings Rick Santorum in education pitch – Politico (politico.com)