TAKE A MINUTE, BE COMFORTABLE, THEN PRESS PLAY.
I just watched Eric Cantor‘s segment on “Meet the Press.” Eric represents Virginia which just passed a law which requires doctors to do an external ultrasound on all women who want abortions whether they need it or not. The only exceptions are rape and incest. Host, David Gregory asked Mr. Cantor, a Jew, was very passionate in his defense of the Roman Catholic Church. (Is there a convert here?) Eric tried to lay recent controversy of women’s reproductive rights on President Obama and refused to admit there is an assault on women’s right vis-a-vis their bodies. Mr Cantor gave more support to the supremacy of the Catholic Church than to our mothers, daughters, aunts, grandmothers and female cousins. He cited his party’s version of liberty which gives exceptions to one church. Our forefathers left Europe to escape the Pope’s Control. Rick Santorum and, apparently, House Majority Leader, Eric Cantor, would see all of America Catholic with special dispensations from the federal government. Earlier, Cantor refused to denounce Rush Limbaugh, who many call “The Face and Mouth[sic] of the Republican Party.” We all know the evil words Rush Limbaugh heaped on a private citizen just for sport. And, by sport, I mean radio ratings and ego fulfillment. Rush’s apology did not apologize even
though it contained the word at the end. Rush had nothing to fear from Eric Cantor of Virginia. In fact, NO REPUBLICAN LEADER DARES TO DENOUNCE THIS MERE MORTAL WHO HAS USED SUBJECT LANGUAGE FOR 20 YEARS AND CALLED IT “ENTERTAINMENT.” This was Eric Cantor’s golden opportunity…he declined! When Don Imus used similar language on NBC, he was fired. Will the radio chain which employs Limbaugh have the courage to fire him? I hear is already losing advertisers. We need to see men and women activists on TV and at political rallies forcing the GOP candidates to discuss women’s rights to their bodies, contraception and the ubiquitous acceptance of the settled-law, Roe vs Wade.
- Top Cantor Aide Quits Post (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Limbaugh apologizes for ‘slut’ comments (thehill.com)
- Martin Bashir of “BashirLive” (MSNBC) Likens Eric Cantor as “Iago” to John Boehner’s “Othello” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- WILL SPEAKER JOHN BOEHNER SURVIVE 2012? (Eric Cantor Waits in the wings)) (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
It is Sunday morning and I just awoke from a dream. I don’t remember all of it, which is common. I do remember the tail end. I was in an environment where there were sighted people learning a kind of 3D braille. In the dream I decided that it might be a fun skill to have. I started playing around closing my eyes, feeling the braille, then opening my eyes to see the shape. To start an educational project at my age would be ambitious. “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” I hope this was not God’s subtle way of telling me that my diabetes was robbing me of my sight. Heavenly Father, please protect my vision…and my ability to physically take care of myself. [I never found “Mr. Right” and I don’t have children.] AMEN!
- Are You in Gethsemane? (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Visual Art for the Visually Impaired by Roy Nachum (likeellebelle.wordpress.com)
- The Place of Tears (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- My Gethsemane (tamedbygrace.wordpress.com)
- Braille is spreading but who’s using it? (bbc.co.uk)
- Wednesday’s General Audience: Pope Benedict reflects on prayer of Jesus in Gethsemane… (romereports.com)
- Look, its the Lamb of God! (klarionkall.wordpress.com)
- For Texting Without Looking, Researchers Adapt Braille (clixto7.com)