Along with the “Pomp and Circumstance” of being the President of the United States, Barack Obama has special powers and executive powers and military powers as Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces. We have been given three branches of government which check each other in getting the people’s business done and in defending The Constitution. [Of course the three branches are the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches.] The 112th Congress will prove interesting. However, it could be continued obstruction and delay or with the power divided in Congress, the watchword could be COMPROMISE… (or as one prominent congressman prefers, “reaching common ground.” 🙂 The quick pace of legislating we witnessed in the lame duck session could be sustained and the stench of dysfunction could be purified with courageous action on bills in both houses of Congress. Have you prayed for this Congress and it’s leaders? Have you contacted your elected officials and voiced your opinions. CHECK THIS SITE. Where do you stand in the battle between FoxNews and MSNBC in covering the news from day-to-day? Do you use Twitter and Facebook to keep involved in the political process? I have not read “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire,” but, I’ll bet somewhere in there is apathy! If we leave it to others to get it done, we should not whine and whimper about how President Obama or Congress is doing “nothing” (gridlock) and the Washington lobbyists have more sway over politicians than the very people who stood in line and voted them into office. Let’s all make America the exceptional nation it once was. It is our destiny! God bless the United States of America!
49% FAVOR RIGHTS FOR GAYS
ONLY PEOPLE OVER 65 Y/O OPPOSE
Grover Norquist (search this blog) appeared on “Morning Joe” this morning and was passionate about the Death Tax. People, this has nothing to do with us, the “99%”. It only affects a few of the rich, the “TOP 1%.” Write Congress and ask for Tax Reform.
Written by Rachel Cernansky
Proposed legislation in Vermont could soon require foods that contain genetically engineered ingredients to be labeled as such. Known as the Vermont Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, the bill would go into effect in 2014 and apply to food sold in retail stores.
- Vermont Introduces Legislation to Label GMOs (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- GM Food Labeling Initiative Gains Momentum (habwwe.wordpress.com)
- New Vermont GMO Labeling Policy Officially Introduced (2012indyinfo.com)
- Proposal Would Require Labels On Genetically Modified Foods (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Genetically modified labeling is topic of petition (sfgate.com)
- Connecticut Considers Legislation to Label Foods With Genetically Modified Ingredients (foodidentityblog.com)
- Marchers Throughout U.S. on Sunday to Demand GMO Food Labeling (danielrrosen.com)
- Calling on the FDA to label genetically engineered foods! (disclose.tv)
- Modified Crops Tap a Wellspring of Protest (junkscience.com)
- Are You Eating Genetically Modified Foods? (habwwe.wordpress.com)
BLUNT AMENDMENT D.O.A.