THE NATIONAL MEMO
THE BIG STORY, BY CYNTHIA TUCKER
If the Republican Party had an establishment with backbone and moral fiber, it would have pushed back against the prejudices of its ultraconservative base, educating them about the many contributions that Latinos — those who crossed the border with papers as well as those who sneaked in — make to this country. For one thing, they have lowered the age of the average American worker, helping the U.S. stave off the population collapse that is facing countries such as Japan. Instead, the GOP political class has decided to try to prevent those immigrants from voting. READ MORE
POTUS Grabs a PintPresident Obama left the White House Saturday afternoon to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by grabbing a pint of Guinness at the Dubliner, an Irish pub near the Capitol.
- President Obama at the Dubliner on St. Patrick’s Day (whitehouse.gov)
- President Obama Celebrates St. Patrick’s Day With Irish Cousin at Washington, D.C. Pub (shoppingblog.com)
- Obama Celebrates St. Patrick’s With a Pint of Guinness (theroot.com)
Kids, don’t do this! 52K of you have seen this video
[contains a curse word]
We all saw the clip where Rick Santorum tried to walk back his insult to the People of Puerto Rico. He said that they would required to speak english before becoming a state. THERE IS NO SUCH LAW! Santorum has just lifted his skirt and showed his imperial petticoat. —GoodOleWoody
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
By Deborah Simmons
CLICK LINK BELOW
- Rick Santorum and Puerto Rican language laws (languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu)
- Romney secures morale boosting Puerto Rico Primary win (worldviewtonight.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Wins All Of Puerto Rico’s Delegates After Santorum Slams Statehood Plans (inquisitr.com)
- Romney supports statehood for Puerto Rico, but English language not a precondition (twitchy.com)
WOULD UNDO REPEAL OF DON’T ASK – DON’T TELL
EVERY GAY/LESBIAN AND ALL OTHER MINORITIES HAVE BUT ONE CHOICE:
VOTE DEMOCRAT ACROSS THE BOARD
NOVEMBER 6, 2012
FIGHT TO KEEP THE CIVIL RIGHTS WE ALL HAVE WON!
GAYS AND LESBIANS TODAY…YOU TOMORROW!
FOR SOME, ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY!
SAY NO TO ROMNEY AND SANTORUM
- Sen. Scott Brown Makes Ridiculous Condom Joke About Rick Santorum [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Santorum Promises To Bring Back “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” (alan.com)
- Lie Back And Enjoy It? Rick Santorum On Abortion In Cases Of Rape: ‘Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation’ (uncommontary.com)
- Rick Santorum Fails Big Time in Puerto Rico (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Rick Santorum and rape: “We have to make the best out of a bad situation.” (emilylhauserinmyhead.wordpress.com)
- Rick Santorum: Rape babies are gifts from God (sfgate.com)
- Rick Santorum On Opposition To Abortion In Cases Of Rape: ‘Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation’
- Women for Santorum: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Rick Santorum Ignorantly Says Pregnancy From Rape Is A ‘Gift’ From God (blisstree.com)
Original post was in December 2011
Posted at 02:59 PM ET, 12/08/2011
One of the key stories of the day — perhaps the one that will have the greatest long term political impact — has to be that Mitt Romney has now fully embraced Paul Ryan’s Medicare plan.
After previously hedging on the Ryan plan, Romney is now fully declaring his support for it, as a way to wound the surging Newt Gingrich among conservative voters. Newt, you’ll recall, famously referred to the Ryan plan as “right wing social engineering,” and Romney, in a post on his Web site, has revived this Newt quote, and is suggesting he’d sign it into law as president, in order to portray himself as the only true conservative in the race.
“With friends like Newt, who needs the left?” the Romney Web site now blares.
The reason this matters: It will give Dems a weapon in the general election against Romney. “In order to make this attack, Mitt Romney has now given himself ownership of the Ryan plan,” Jed Lewison writes. “Let me say that again: Mitt Romney is now one hundred percent committed to Paul Ryan’s proposal to end Medicare and replace it with vouchers.”
- Mitt Romney takes a stand: He would eliminate Medicare (horsesass.org)
- Talking Points Memo, Gingrich Edition (thepage.time.com)
- Mitt Romney’s panic attack (dailykos.com)
- Romney’s Attack On Newt: I Pledge To Get Rid Of Medicare Faster (thinkprogress.org)
- Mitt Romney camp comes out swinging against Newt Gingrich (bostonherald.com)