Let me begin by stating that I am, in fact, a pro-life atheist. Unfortunately I am not an experienced medical doctor and must rely on others’ research to determine whether I am for or against abortion. My lack of medical knowledge is, however, something I challenge through openness to the opinions of more qualified individuals. It is difficult to take any Pro-Life organizations opposition to abortion as a valid point when the organization identifies itself as fulfilling the work of God. Abortion should not be ruled immoral because a Deity declared it to be. If a secularist wants to be part of a pro-life organization, where does he turn? Certainly not to creationist groups, who contend that birth-control contributes to the massive amount of abortions performed in the United States every year. Perhaps you stumble upon a moving video (Graphic content) that exposes the truth about how horrific abortions can be, only…
View original post 217 more words
Right now, Tea Partiers are outside the Supreme Court protesting health care reform. Across the street, Republicans in Congress are about to pass the Paul Ryan budget that destroys Medicare and gives even more tax breaks to the wealthy than Bush did.
If that’s not enough, the first quarterly Federal Election Commission fundraising deadline of 2012 hits this week. With all this Republican craziness in DC right now, everyone’s waiting to get a hold of both parties’ fundraising numbers to see who has the momentum. We have got to have a strong showing.
If you’ve been waiting for a sign that it’s time to make your contribution, pick your choice: Repealing health reform, ending Medicare, or more tax breaks for billionaires and Big Oil.
Will you step up and get your donation matched?
- House Republicans regrouping on Medicare message (dailykos.com)
- House votes to repeal key health care reform provision (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Outside Conservative Conference, Wisconsinites Protest Ryan Budget And GOP Attempt To Dismantle Health Care Reform (thinkprogress.org)
- A Sheen-backed Democratic message (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Supreme Court Hears Health Care Reform Arguments (fox2now.com)
- The Supreme Court and Health Care Reform (theroot.com)
- What If? The Affordable Care Act and the Supreme Court (planetpov.com)
- President Obama Needs All of Us Right Now! (humboldtdems.wordpress.com)
- What Would Happen if Obama’s Healthcare Law Were Repealed (usnews.com)
- David Plouffe: Republicans Will One Day “Regret” Branding Health Care Reform “Obamacare” (alan.com)
Dominique Strauss-Kahn, former chief of the International Monetary Fund, was charged in France with “aggravated pimping” for his alleged participation in a prostitution ring, according to French prosecutors.
His attorneys released a statement in November calling the allegations against Strauss-Kahn “unhealthy, sensationalist and not without a political agenda.”
Strauss-Kahn has been linked with a number of sex scandals in the past year — one of which torpedoed his expected plan to run for the French presidency this year — but he has not been convicted of any crime. [CNN]
Breaking from Newsmax.com
Plouffe: Romney ‘Godfather’ of Healthcare Law
Plouffe, appearing on four talk shows on the eve of Supreme Court arguments on the law, said the administration is “confident in the constitutionality” of President Obama’s signature legislation.
“By the way, Mitt Romney’s the godfather of our healthcare plan. If he’s president, remarkably, he’s running away from that past. And he’s going to say he’s going to try and throw all this away,” Plouffe declared on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Host David Gregory pressed Plouffe, saying, “Mitt Romney’s the godfather of the Obama healthcare plan — so will he get the credit if it all goes well down the line as well?”
Plouffe responded with a touch of sarcasm: “Well, maybe in 2016 — when he’s a professor somewhere or whatever he’s doing — he can remark on that. But I think that there’s no question that our healthcare plan — his experts were involved in it. It’s a model that was utilized.”
- Plouffe: GOP will regret ‘ObamaCare’ tag, says law will be upheld (thehill.com)
- 7 Best Moments From Sunday Talk (thedailybeast.com)
- Last 2 Print Reporters Abandon Gingrich (newser.com)
- David Plouffe: Obama reacted as parent to Trayvon Martin shooting (thegrio.com)
- Sunday Soundbite Analysis 3/25 (newsy.com)
- Plouffe calls out GOP candidates over Obama reaction (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
After all the television we watch, we seem to know more about crime scene investigation and attention to forensics and detail than do the policemen in Sanford, Florida. It seems like shortly after arriving on the scene, they looked at skin color and decided that the darker skinned dead actor was the perpetrator and should be investigated. The lighter skinned living party, the one with the gun, needed no police scrutiny and accepted his claim that he was the victim having acted in self-defense. It took almost a month before the police report of the event began leaking to the press. This makes every word suspect! Just when were these accounts written? And, who wrote them? Who signed off on them without questioning omissions in proper investigation in a potential murder? All the protest marches and TV interviews and Sunday sermons are not in vain. Hopefully they will root out the nest of good “ole” boys in the Sanford, Florida area. Passionate protests will shine a light on that town and result in greater freedoms for black citizens and less of our sons going to an early death. God, please grant peace and a better life to those who Trayvon Martin left behind. God bless his soul!
- RE: Trayvon Martin – Please sign the petition (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Endangered Species (peace4diane.wordpress.com)
- Mail Skittles to Sanford, Florida, Chief of Police In Protest (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Trayvon Marchers Hit Streets Nationwide (newser.com)
- Dick Gregory speaks at Trayvon Martin rally (VIDEO) (thegrio.com)
- Did the Sanford Police Bungle the Trayvon Martin Investigation? (jeffwinbush.com)
- Trayvon Martin’s Parents To March In Sanford, Florida Today (allhiphop.com)
- Florida Trayvon shooting – Open Thread (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Thousands expected in Sanford on 1 month anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s death (thegrio.com)
- Lazy: Sanford Police are taking the account of a 13 year old, instead of gathering real evidence (bazaardaily.com)
POLITICO Breaking News
In the first day of hearings at the Supreme Court over President Barack Obama’s signature health care law, justices seemed skeptical Monday about arguments that they have no authority to decide the key issues now. Eight of the nine justices put challenging questions to Robert Long, the lawyer who argued for postponing a decision on the case.
For more information… http://www.politico.com
Deficit survey: Raise taxes, cut spending
Sun, March 25, 2012 07:00:00 PM CDT
CLICK ON LINK BELOW
- Economists see higher taxes as way to cut deficit (sfgate.com)
- Shocker: Paul Ryan’s budget means more big tax cuts for the rich. (csmonitor.com)
- US DATA: Mar NABE econ policy survey taken Feb 6,…. (forexlive.com)
- Americans Don’t Blame the Social Safety Net for the Deficit (fdlaction.firedoglake.com)
- “Super Committee” Misses Deficit Reduction Agreement Deadline (turbotax.intuit.com)
- “Democrats and the Bush Tax Cuts” (economistsview.typepad.com)
- House GOP Budget Plan Heats Up As Campaign Issue (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Wall Street to lawmakers: Here’s how to fix the deficit (finance.fortune.cnn.com)
- Equation of the Day: Spend Money Now to Reduce Deficits in the Future (motherjones.com)