|Opening Series in Japan|
|Spring Training is entering the home stretch for most clubs, and Oakland and Seattle got the regular season off to an early start, splitting a pair of games in the Opening Series in Japan. Braves icon Chipper Jones made news last week by announcing that this will be his final season. He underwent knee surgery just days later. Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera has been cleared to return to the field after missing a week due to a facial fracture. Six-time All-Star Magglio Ordonez says he is leaning toward retirement, and Philadelphia continues to look for an infield alternative in Chase Utley‘s absence, while the Brewers signed catcher Jonathan Lucroy to a contract extension. [MLB]|
- Magglio Ordonez Retirement: Former White Sox Outfielder Close To Calling It Quits (chicago.sbnation.com)
- Magglio Ordonez Admits He’s Nearing Retirement (tracking.si.com)
- Miguel Cabrera Injury: Cabrera Cleared To Play, According To Report (detroit.sbnation.com)
- Key injuries hitting some teams at camp (mlb.mlb.com)
- Miguel Cabrera injured in Tigers’ loss (theglobeandmail.com)
The Devil Has Two Faces!
Rick, you don’t “come to a decision” that you are gay. One realizes one’s orientation.
I received this request from the mother of Trayvon Martin who was murdered in Florida a month ago. Please sign her petition. Thanks!
|Dear GoodOleWoody,Thanks for signing my petition, “Prosecute the killer of our son, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.”Winning this campaign is now in your hands. We need to reach out to as many friends as we can to grow this campaign and win.Thanks for your support,Tracy Martin|
- George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin’s shooter, seen in police video after shooting (abclocal.go.com)
- Trayvon Martin’s funeral director: No signs of fight (thegrio.com)
- Million Hoodie March for Trayvon Martin at Purdue University (purduestudents.wordpress.com)
- Trayvon Martin and Dred Scott (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
- Vigil Planned For Trayvon Martin In East St. Louis (fox2now.com)
- Justice for Trayvon (queerd.com)
- Trayvon Martin: All This Has Happened Before and Will Happen Again [Trayvon Martin] (gawker.com)
I guess that really is more socially acceptable than my name for Mitt Romney……………
…………………………………………….”Mitt-the-(word that rhymes; but Fid doesn’t allow on this sight)………(Has four letters?)……..(One of them is “H”?). Just kidding. I know you get it.
Here is what I don’t get; and I’ll bet you don’t either.
Over the past few weeks it seems Rick Santorum has accused anyone who even remotely gets under his skin of being a “bully.” He called Mitt Romney a “bully” back in February. Earlier in the week, at a campaign event in Wisconsin, he called unions “bullies.” And he accused New York Times reporter Jeff Zeleny of trying to “bully” him.
But an incident at a campaign stop at a bowling alley yesterday betrays that Santorum is so obsessed with bullies because he looks at one one every morning in the mirror.
According to Reuters reporter Sam Youngman, whotweeted what he heard, Santorum had some advice for a little boy who was reaching for a pink bowling ball: “You’re not gonna use the pink ball. We’re not gonna let you do that. Not on camera.”
Santorum may just as well have called the kid a “fag.” Or was there some other thing he was implying the kid would look like if he used the pink bowling ball? I can’t think of one, can you?
Santorum went on to say, “Friends don’t let friends use pink bowling balls,” at once bullying the kid, teaching him how to be a bully, too, and sending a strong message to all other boys who might choose a pink bowling ball. MORE
- Rick Santorum Gravely Warns Young Man Against Dangers of Pink Bowling Ball [Rick Santorum] (jezebel.com)
- Santorum Warns Guy Not to Use Pink Bowling Ball – Rick challenges Mitt to Wisconsin bowl-off (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Santorum: ‘Friends Don’t Let Friends Use Pink Balls’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Rick Santorum Tells Man He Can’t Use Pink Bowling Ball “On Camera” (inquisitr.com)
- Homophobe Says What???? (passthedoucheys.com)
- Rick Santorum Tells Boy Not to Use Pink Bowling Ball (yubanet.com)
- HRC: Rick Santorum tells boy not to use pink bowling ball (miamiherald.typepad.com)