Special Prosecutor Angela Corey just announced that she is charging George Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder. Zimmerman has admitted to killing the teen victim, Trayvon Martin 44 days ago in Sanford, Florida. Martin was on his way home when George Zimmerman decided that the black teen was “acting suspiciously.” Trayvon had in his hands Skittles™ and iced tea. George Zimmerman had a gun. George called the police and was told not to pursue Trayvon. He did not listen and soon afterwards he shot Trayvon. Prosecutor Corey was impressive in her concern for “justice for Trayvon.” She has a large legal team behind her which has accumulated and analyzed the evidence and will work toward bringing the case to trial. After this press conference, Al Sharpton had a press conference in Washington, DC along with Trayvon’s parents. Rev. Sharpton told the public “no gloating. No high-fives. This is not a night for celebration.” Benjamin Crump, the Martin family attorney, thanked all the Americans for their support, signing petitions, etc. He singled out the young people who inspired by the concept of justice [sic]. Mr. Crump said that from day one he believed that the evidence required that George Zimmerman should be arrested. “That is all the Martin family wanted… This is only first base.” He ended by saying that Trayvon’s legacy requires that there be no acts of violence and that, like Trayvon’s parents, we all let the system play out. Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon’s mother, and his father, Tracy Martin thanked everyone and expressed gratitude that their minimum wish had been accomplished. Attorney Crump’s partner, Attorney Parks spoke, also. He thanked Angela Corey and her team and the countless people who have been involved in seeking justice for Trayvon Martin. Credit for bringing this case to national attention was given to Rev. Al Sharpton of the National Action Network which is holding a convention in Washington. A call was made for this case to be the start of a movement. The call was made for an additional one million new voters in November. Young voters will be the key to change in laws like “Stand Your Ground.”
- Trayvon’s Parents Hopeful for Justice (theroot.com)
- UPDATE: George Zimmerman To Be Charged In Trayvon Martin Shooting, Official Says (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- State Official Says George Zimmerman Will Be Charged In Trayvon Martin Shooting (allhiphop.com)
White House White Board: The Buffett Rule
- White Board: Brian Deese on the Buffett Rule (whitehouse.gov)
- Obama: Buffett rule not a redistribution of wealth (heraldonline.com)
- Would the Buffett Tax “stabilize our debt and deficits”? (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- The Buffett Rule vs. The Romney Rule (dailykos.com)
- Obama Hoping For `Serious’ Talks On Deficit — After The Election (forbes.com)
- Zimmerman dodges first degree murder charge and launches website (lameducks.wordpress.com)
- Situation around Trayvon Martin’s Murder Taking on Aspects of Low Comedy (02varvara.wordpress.com)
- Murder the Murderer, or Murder Itself? (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- Attorney: Zimmerman defense fund website is real (heraldonline.com)
- George Zimmerman Launches Website To Raise Money For Legal Fees (washington.cbslocal.com)
GLOBAL PRICE OF OIL $125/BARREL
US PRICE FOR OIL $105/BARREL
US PRICE OF GAS $4/GAL.
EUROPE PRICE OF GAS $9/GAL.
THANKS, MR. PRESIDENT. YOU HAVE MY VOTE!
George W. Bush has stayed out of the limelight…until now. He spoke about raising taxes on the rich. He is against it because those taxed would be “the job creators.” Mr. Bush, it was the job creators who closed our manufacturing plants and sent our jobs overseas. It has been the job creators who went along with the Republican War on Barack Obama and refused to support his legislation to create jobs. Somehow, with all the power of the various elements of the Republican Party, President Obama has been able to create 4 million jobs!
Mr. Bush, thanks for the decision to not disparage our current president. But, what about your responsibility in creating the fiscal crisis we must defeat by years’ end? Your two wars have been very expensive. President Obama ended one of them but the other rages with our troops giving their lives for Afghanistan. Have you no shame or guilt?
- Mitt Romney denounced by Democrats for saying he’d ‘Get rid of planned parenthood’ (bazaardaily.com)
- Mitt Romney Vows to ‘Get Rid’ of Planned Parenthood Like It’s an Unplanned Pregnancy [Roe V World] (jezebel.com)
- Romney Says He’ll ‘Get Rid of Planned Parenthood’, Obamacare, Amtrak Funding, NEA, NEH: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Mitt Romney: Planned Parenthood, We’re Going to Get Rid of That (crooksandliars.com)
- Mitt Romney: ‘Planned Parenthood, we’re going to get rid of that’ (dailykos.com)
- Why did Mitt Romney say “Planned Parenthood, we’re going to get rid of that”? (althouse.blogspot.com)
- You: Romney: I’d ‘Get Rid’ of Planned Parenthood (thedailybeast.com)
- Romney Attended Pro-Choice Fundraiser In 1995 (thinkprogress.org)
- Mitt Romney Sputters on Fox, Planned Parenthood & Schakowsky Unload (themoderatevoice.com)
Baker and his twin brother, Chris, were coming home from a party that night, driving in separate cars.
A 23-year-old security guard named Seth Browning started following Baker. He later claimed Baker had been driving suspiciously.
All three cars stopped on Seagull Drive in Palm Harbor. That is where the story is disputed.
- Sheriff: Pinellas Man Tries to Hire Jail Inmate to Kill His Wife (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Palm Harbor Daycare Worker Found Guilty In Death of Baby (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Indict Florida (bobhackworth.wordpress.com)