THE HUFFINGTON POST
Editor-at-large, HuffPost Gay Voices; SiriusXM radio host
If the answer to that question is no, then they’d better start speaking up loudly and clearly. Because over the past few weeks, evangelical pastors have made headlines urging parents to beat boys who seem gay, calling for gays and lesbians and “queers” to be put inside an electrified pen and left to die, and urging the government to begin killing gays.
These declarations have been backed up by these pastors’ followers, who’ve organized protests to support them and who’ve gone on national televisionto defend them (as have the pastors themselves), a proud hate movement going public. They’re being whipped into a frenzy against President Obama’s coming out for marriage equality and they’re emboldened by the passage of Amendment One in North Carolina. They’ve been met withoutrage and protest from LGBT people and pro-gay supporters, and from the many mostly non-evangelical Christian leaders who support LGBT rights.
- Michelangelo Signorile: The New Gay Celebrity Coming Out: ‘I’ve Never Been In’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- An Apology that LGBT People Shouldn’t Accept (gayrights.change.org)
- O They Will Know We Are Christians… (slog.thestranger.com)
- Why I Do NOT Identify As A “Gay Catholic Christian” (catholicboyrichard.wordpress.com)
- LGBT Seniors, Invisible No More (thepurplejacket.com)
- Obama and Gay Marriage: A President Liberates Himself and the World (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Dan Savage: The Gay Santorum (thedailybeast.com)