The Affordable Care Act is “about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for the American people,” Pelosi told reporters on Capitol Hill. She said it “unlocks” them from a job to pursue happiness without the threat of losing their health insurance.
Pelosi blamed the health care reform law’s poor public support on opponents who have misrepresented the legislation.
“I’m very proud of the Affordable Care Act. I think the understanding of it has been jeopardized by misrepresentations that have been out there relentlessly,” she told reporters when asked about Thursday’s CBS/New York Times poll…
- Nancy Pelosi: Health law represents ‘life…. ( INSANE ALERT!) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Pelosi: ObamaCare represents ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’ (theblaze.com)
- Nancy Pelosi skilled in art of political warfare (sfgate.com)
- Pelosi to GOP: Call off recess (politico.com)
- Highlights of Nancy Pelosi’s political career (sfgate.com)
- Pelosi predicts court will uphold health-care reform (mercurynews.com)
- Nancy Pelosi Predicts Democrats Will Take Back The House In November (mediaite.com)