“Washington, Sep 18 — With just 50 days to go for what is expected to be a close presidential race, President Barack Obama played the China card against his Republican challenger Mitt Romney with another outsourcing jab.
“I like to walk the walk, not just talk the talk,” said Obama Monday at a campaign event in Cincinnati, Ohio, a crucial swing state, announcing his administration’s new trade enforcement case against China in the World Trade Organisation.
Obama’s re-election campaign also released a new television ad criticising Romney for opposing his tough stance on China while renewing Obama’s charge that as head of investment firm Bain Capital, Romney was an “outsourcing pioneer” who shipped American jobs to countries like India and China.
“You can’t stand up to China when all you’ve done is sent them our jobs. You can talk a good game, but I like to walk the walk, not just talk the talk,” Obama said.
“And my experience has been waking up every single day and doing everything I can to make sure American workers get a fair shot in the global economy.”
“We don’t need folks who during election time suddenly are worrying about trade practices, but before the election are taking advantage of unfair trading practices,” Obama says.”
- Obama, Romney courting key states, constituencies (kansascity.com)
- Doubts grow on Romney’s China threats (politico.com)
- Obama ad: Romney tax plan would send 800,000 jobs overseas (rawstory.com)
- China commentary slams Romney’s “foolish” China-bashing (reuters.com)
- Obama Launches Aggressive Effort Against Mitt Romney In Battleground States (huffingtonpost.com)