Mitt Romney stands by gaffe
but says case not ‘elegantly stated’
Romney confirms authenticity of video where he calls 47% of voters government-dependent, in most damaging mishap yet
He went on suggest they could expect little help from him if he became president.
“My job is not to worry about those people,” he said.
He added that all these government-dependent people would supportBarack Obama.
The video was recorded a few months ago at a fund-raising event behind-closed-doors.
The release of the video is the most damaging episode yet in a campaign filled with Romney mishaps. His campaign is in danger of turning into one of the most ineptly-run in recent US political history, though there are still seven weeks left to turn it round.
The Obama campaign described the video as “shocking”.
In his press conference, in California, Romney basically repeated the case he made in the video that the 47% dependent on the government would vote for Obama, though couched in slightly less inflammatory language. Obama’s policies are “attractive to people who do not pay taxes”, Romney said. FULL ARTICLE
- The Largest Compilation Of Mitt Romney Flip Flops (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- US election: Mitt Romney questions Barack Obama’s honesty – Telegraph (thebusypost.wordpress.com)
- Europeans Really Hate Mitt Romney (businessinsider.com)
- Maher: ‘This is the Week Mitt Romney Lost the Election’ (Guest Voice) (themoderatevoice.com)
- Cameron ‘claimed Britain is united against Mitt Romney’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Off-Record Mitt Romney Says ’47 Percent’ Of Americans Are ‘Entitled’: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- 38% Of Europe Hasn’t Even Heard Of Mitt Romney (businessinsider.com)
- Mitt Romney Essentially Calls Obama a Liar: ‘The President Tends to, How Shall I Say it, to Say Things That Aren’t True’ | Video | TheBlaze.com (rayrope.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney: ‘I’m Kind of a Snooki Fan … Her Spark-Plug Personality Is Kind of Fun’ [Mitt Romney] (gawker.com)