By Chris Matthews
Let me finish tonight with the big debate coming up on Tuesday.
A real preview of coming attractions would tell you the power of the issues at stake, the huge issues to be decided in an hour and a half.
But there’s this other thing: the personal.
Will the president come out Tuesday night to charge up the differences between him and Governor Romney? Will he paint those differences as vital. Whether we commence another war in the Mideast? Whether we begin to kill not just Obama-care but begin killing medicare? To commence a state-by-state ban of abortion? To deliver huge new shipments of money in the form of tax cuts to the country’s wealthy?
It’s important that the president do this for the basic reason that people in this country know what they’re voting for, and, if they decide, against.
OCTOBER 16, 2012
- Woman At VP Debate Calls Obama A Communist and gets Democrats excited (Chris Matthews Interview) (americanlivewire.com)
- Chris Matthews Confronts Wingnut Who Calls Obama a Communist (crooksandliars.com)
- Chris Matthews Explodes Over President Obama’s Empty Podium Performance at First Presidential Debate (themoderatevoice.com)
- Chris Matthews Went Into Epic Meltdown Mode Over Obama’s Debate Performance (businessinsider.com)
- Letterman Plays Video of Chris Matthews’ Head Exploding (newsbusters.org)
- Chris Matthews Unloads On Obama: “Where Was Obama Tonight…What Was He Doing?” (buzzfeed.com)
- You: Obama: I Was ‘Too Polite’ at Debate (thedailybeast.com)