By Aliyah Frumin
Shaken by Mitt Romney’s decisive loss, Republicans are blaming everybody–even the usually sacrosanct Rush Limbaugh. Top strategists are speaking out against the conservative radio host, saying the party needs to steer clear of his far-right and factually inaccurate vision of America.
Mike Murphy, GOP strategist, said on this week’s Meet the Press that while it’s “very fashionable now to beat up Romney,” it’s important that “we’ve got to get a kind of a party view of America that’s not right out of Rush Limbaugh’s dream journal.” And former John McCain campaign strategist Steve Schmidt, at a panel at the University of Delaware last week, insisted that Limbaugh’s “white, 65-plus and rural” audience is not what the country looks like anymore and that the radio host was “driving a message of total ludicrous nonsense.”
A furious Limbaugh hit back at Murphy and Schmidt on his Monday show.
“Okay, so you people are all white, 65 and over, and you live in the sticks,” Limbaugh said. “And you are screwing up the Republican Party, because you are believing what I say. This is their explanation for having lost.”
He continued, “And so it’s quite natural to blame somebody else. Obama got away with it. Obama blamed Bush and he got away with it, people bought it. So now these guys want to blame me.”
- Rush Limbaugh Rips GOP Strategist Who Warned Against Basing Views On Limbaugh’s ‘Dream Journal’ (mediaite.com)
- GOP Strategist: Party Needs Views That Aren’t ‘Right Out Of Rush Limbaugh’s Dream Journal’ (mediaite.com)
- Boycott Updates: Companies Boycotting Rush Limbaugh (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- Now Rush Limbaugh Downplays His Role In GOP (crooksandliars.com)
- Rush takes on GOP critics (politico.com)
- The GOP Consultant Class Blames Me (rushlimbaugh.com)
- NBC RINO Demands GOP Abandon Conservative Principles ‘Right Out of Rush Limbaugh’s Dream Journal’ (newsbusters.org)
- Republican Strategist Says Party Needs Views “That’s Not Right Out Of Rush Limbaugh’s Dream Journal:” (alan.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Slams GOP Blame Game: Apparently ‘I’m The Primary Reason’ For Election Loss (mediaite.com)