THE HUFFINGTON POST
By Meredith Bennett-Smith
The clip, which was filmed to promote a tongue-in-cheek local radio station’s breakfast show, Sky News notes, warns that predictions of the end of the world this December are both correct and unavoidable.
Surrounded by Australian national flags, Gillard begins, “My dear remaining fellow Australians. The end of world is coming. It wasn’t Y2K, it wasn’t even the carbon price. It turns out that the Mayan calendar is true.” “?
- Julia Gillard – Apocalypse Now (merovee.wordpress.com)
- Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Mayan Calendar Spoof (VIDEO) (americanlivewire.com)
- Watch Prime Minister Julia Gillard Announce The End Of The World (gizmodo.com.au)
- Australian PM Julia Gillard’s warns of zombie, K-pop-induced apocalypse (upi.com)
- The Mayan Calendar Is True: Deadpan Australian PM Gives Amazing Mock Doomsday Address (huffingtonpost.com)
- PM Julia Gillard: World is ending or not (upi.com)