Joe Scarborough said on Sunday that Republicans owe their majority in the House of Representatives to gerrymandering.
The MSNBC host was part of the roundtable on “Meet the Press.” He lamented the loss of the Republican party’s popular appeal, and recalled how William F. Buckley criticized certain elements of the conservative movement.
“That has to happen again with this party because it’s getting smaller and smaller,” Scarborough said. “In this debate, we actually have conservative thinkers, talking about Ronald Reagan being a RINO — a Republican in name only, because he supported an assault weapons ban. They keep pushing themselves closer and closer to the cliff.” FULL ARTICLE
- Joe Scarborough On Meet The Press: Republicans Only Won The House By Gerrymandering (mediaite.com)
- Joe Scarborough: Republicans Only Kept House Majority Because Of Gerrymandering (thinkprogress.org)
- Scarborough on Republicans winning House majority: ‘It was just gerrymandering’ (rawstory.com)
- Joe Scarborough: GOP Cheating To Win Implies Party In Decline (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Joe Scarborough: Republicans Only Kept House Majority Because Of Gerrymandering (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Scarborough on Republicans Winning House Majority: ‘It Was Just Gerrymandering’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Scarborough: Is the GOP the party of Reagan or Wayne LaPierre? (tv.msnbc.com)
- WATCH: Scarborough’s Stark Warning To Republicans (huffingtonpost.com)