Last Updated 7:28 p.m. ET
WASHINGTON – Osama bin Laden’s spokesman and son-in-law has been captured by U.S. intelligence officials and has been brought to New York, CBS News has learned.
A law enforcement source confirmed to CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton that Sulaiman Abu Ghaith was arrested in Jordan and has been brought to New York to face terrorism-related charges.
The source told Milton that Ghaith is scheduled to be arraigned Friday on a sealed indictment in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan.
- Bin Laden’s son-in-law captured and brought to the U.S. (wtkr.com)
- Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, bin Laden’s Son-in-Law, Captured (lezgetreal.com)
- Bin Laden’s son-in-law held by U.S. (wyff4.com)
- US arrests Bin Laden ‘spokesman’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Osama’s son-in-law held, brought to US (thehindu.com)
- Bin Laden son-in-law seized, held by U.S. (cnn.com)
- US official: Bin Laden spokesman caught in Jordan (sfgate.com)
- Bin Laden son-in-law to be in NYC court (cnn.com)
- Bin Laden son-in-law is held by US on terror charges (thestate.com)