By Jethro Mullen, CNN
The statement from the Supreme Command of the Korean People’s Army, carried by the North’s state-run news agency, follows the announcement by the United States this week that its B-52 bombers were making flights over South Korea as part of annual military exercises.
“The U.S. should not forget that the Anderson Air Force Base on Guam where the B-52s take off and naval bases in Japan proper and Okinawa where nuclear-powered submarines are launched are within the striking range of the DPRK’s precision strike means,” the North Korean military said Thursday.
- North Korea: U.S. bases in Guam, Japan in range (edition.cnn.com)
- North Korea warns that U.S. bases in Guam, Japan are within range (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- North Korea warns that U.S. bases in Guam, Japan are within range (fox4kc.com)
- UPDATE1: N. Korea says U.S. bases in Japan, Guam could be targeted by nukes (english.kyodonews.jp)
- North Korea threatens to bomb U.S. bases in Japan, Guam as retaliation (rawstory.com)
- North Korea threatens strike against US military bases in Japan, Guam (japandailypress.com)
- North Korea threatens US bases in Japan, Guam over B-52 drills (straitstimes.com)